Moderators: Spam in PM box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received a spam from lustigpeter about buying drugs. I don't know how to report it, so I'm posting it here. The private message was sent, I think, to all registered members.

And non-registered. I forwarded mine to the Forum Moderator.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

There is a thread about this in General Discussion. The moderators are aware of it.

Comment

Oh wow!
        Cross Post Eva!! Glad to know I'm not alone. I'll go ahead and forward mine too...

:l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Thank you, we have deleted this spammer. Thanks for letting us know.

My Way Out Support
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I feel left out.

I never got a thing.

And I could probably have answered his question.

Comment

bleep;1618278 wrote: I feel left out.

I never got a thing.

And I could probably have answered his question.
                Me too, dude. What the hell?

Comment

Roberta Jewell;1618270 wrote: Thank you, we have deleted this spammer. Thanks for letting us know.

My Way Out Support
                  So the site DOES still have moderators!!!

HURRAH

Yet when I contacted them TWICE last week to ask for the personal, inciteful and harassing post from caper to be removed I did not even receive a reply.

I will keep it in my signature until it IS removed.....a reminder that moderation here depends on who you know apparently! :H:H

Comment

Roberta Jewell;1618270 wrote: Thank you, we have deleted this spammer. Thanks for letting us know.

My Way Out Support
                    Thank you!
                    (and I was left out as well Bleep)

Comment

My Way Out Support

Nice work, Roberta Jewell! Now can you please take care of these guys, who do so much harm and so very little good:

Squeezed is the same guy as this person:

Zone aka onequart aka BillF aka arsenic aka dustbin posts on MWO for the sole purpose of disparaging and denigrating baclofen therapy and anyone and everyone involved with it including those using it.

See:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ml#post1548250
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ml#post1597328

Baklofan
                      is the same guy as this person:

liquorlost = Chaos = Baclofan = desperados = Benzo Control Board

See: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ml#post1529189

Thanks!
                      With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

initially i was going to ignore this but ill bite... but i would prefer if some of the more experienced members commented on your post. You seem a bit more coherent than your other attempts at posting on this forum.

squeezed;1618666 wrote: What harm, exactly, have I done except in not embracing bac non-critically? I posted my personal experiences, gave valid statistical evaluations of the overly-optimistic headlines, and refrained from denigrating obvious nonsense here. (A patent granted for HDB? It will never happen.)
                        - you've created fake accounts numerous times with fake claims of baclofen causing a withdrawal hell. You talk of using 'valid statistical evaluations', i fail to see that given your own experiences are ancedotal. Furthermore adding in fake reports of baclofen e.g. the post made by yoshi12345 and numerous others over the years.

- attacking forum members, threatening to unmask their identity, ad hominem attacks when attempting to argue against baclofen.

squeezed;1618666 wrote:
                        Why is your HDB experience more worthy than mine? I get it, it worked for you. Good for you. It didn't work for others, or they quit because of the side effects. It is dishonest to say that HDB would work if only you had toughed out the SE's. We are not talking about some mild anxiety or headaches; some people are completely incapacitated with cognitive dysfunction or panic or hallucinations. Is that better than being drunk?

you may have experienced that, but the approach you've taken has completely discredited any personal experience you have had. how is anyone supposed to believe what you say is true even now? Given the approach you have taken mentioned above (and probably worse over the years).

The fact is that there are multiple studies, more and more people taking baclofen who are having success with high dose baclofen. These studies also would mention any hell like symptoms you mention. If they were significant then we would see discouragement away from baclofen as a treatment.

At the end of the day controlled studies, data of success/failure, the scientific method are going to be the way that baclofen is proved to be a successful treatment. Anecdotal ranting and raving/ fake accounts of hell stories and personal attacks on forum members are going to get you no where. The weight of successful data will drown out anything one persons effort will do.

If you genuinely want to make a difference, why dont you communicate directly with the people who perform the studies and tell them about your experience?

squeezed;1618666 wrote:

And then there is all this talk about a vast medical/BigPharma conspiracy to hinder HDB. Really? If it really works well, they can always introduce it as a much more expensive version like arbaclofen.
                        there is no conspiracy, perhaps some people think that. With all conspiracies they are easily explained away by looking at the obvious simple facts. The fact is "BigPharma" is a collection of independent businesses, they make money off the drugs they sell, to make money they need patents, otherwise they have to compete on how cheaply they can produce a molecule against other companies, there is no money in that. Any business wants to maximise revenue, they have no interest in anything baclofen can do because it won't make them any money. They want patents and on any medication that would show some effectiveness against alcoholism, even if its not as effective as baclofen.

squeezed;1618666 wrote:

Bottom line: there are several meds out there (approved and not) that helps alcoholism. HDB is just one of them. The efficacy for any of them is not great. Large valid studies for HDB won't have results for a while yet. Anyways, they only follow up for several months at best, and the protocol may be different from the do-it-yourselfers.

To the moderators here: I am glad that you have stand your ground and not ban posters who dare challenge the cabal which has sprung up around HDB.
                        the efficacy for balcofen is better than the other medications thus far. As for follow ups, what do you expect? The treatment is relatively new and studies are expensive. the weight of data over time and studies will prove more and more that this treatment is effective long term. Even if it's not, many people here have multiple years of AF time and even if you only get a few years off of drinking, then thats at least something.
                        01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

initially i was going to ignore this but ill bite... but i would prefer if some of the more experienced members commented on your post. You seem a bit more coherent than your other attempts at posting on this forum.

squeezed;1618666 wrote: What harm, exactly, have I done except in not embracing bac non-critically? I posted my personal experiences, gave valid statistical evaluations of the overly-optimistic headlines, and refrained from denigrating obvious nonsense here. (A patent granted for HDB? It will never happen.)
                          you've created fake accounts numerous times with fake claims of baclofen causing a withdrawal hell. You talk of using 'valid statistical evaluations', i fail to see that given your own experiences are anecdotal.

attacking forum members, ad hominem attacks when attempting to argue against baclofen.

squeezed;1618666 wrote:
                          Why is your HDB experience more worthy than mine? I get it, it worked for you. Good for you. It didn't work for others, or they quit because of the side effects. It is dishonest to say that HDB would work if only you had toughed out the SE's. We are not talking about some mild anxiety or headaches; some people are completely incapacitated with cognitive dysfunction or panic or hallucinations. Is that better than being drunk?

you may have experienced that, but the approach you've taken has completely discredited any personal experience you have had. how is anyone supposed to believe what you say is true even now? Given the approach you have taken mentioned above (and probably worse over the years).

The fact is that there are multiple studies, more and more people taking baclofen who are having success with high dose baclofen. These studies also would mention any hell like symptoms you mention. If they were significant then we would see discouragement away from baclofen as a treatment.

At the end of the day controlled studies, data of success/failure, the scientific method are going to be the way that baclofen is proved to be a successful treatment. Anecdotal ranting and raving/ fake accounts of hell stories and personal attacks on forum members are going to get you no where. The weight of successful data will drown out anything one persons effort will do.

If you genuinely want to make a difference, why dont you communicate directly with the people who perform the studies and tell them about your experience?

squeezed;1618666 wrote:

And then there is all this talk about a vast medical/BigPharma conspiracy to hinder HDB. Really? If it really works well, they can always introduce it as a much more expensive version like arbaclofen.
                          there is no conspiracy, perhaps some people think that. With all conspiracies they are easily explained away by looking at the obvious simple facts. The fact is "BigPharma" is a collection of independent businesses, they make money off the drugs they sell, to make money they need patents, otherwise they have to compete on how cheaply they can produce a molecule against other companies, there is no money in that. Any business wants to maximise revenue, they have no interest in anything baclofen can do because it won't make them any money. They want patents and on any medication that would show some effectiveness against alcoholism, even if its not as effective as baclofen.

squeezed;1618666 wrote:

Bottom line: there are several meds out there (approved and not) that helps alcoholism. HDB is just one of them. The efficacy for any of them is not great. Large valid studies for HDB won't have results for a while yet. Anyways, they only follow up for several months at best, and the protocol may be different from the do-it-yourselfers.

To the moderators here: I am glad that you have stand your ground and not ban posters who dare challenge the cabal which has sprung up around HDB.
                          the efficacy for balcofen is better than the other medications thus far. As for follow ups, what do you expect? The treatment is relatively new and studies are expensive. the weight of data over time and studies will prove more and more that this treatment is effective long term. Even if it's not, many people here have multiple years of AF time and even if you only get a few years off of drinking, then thats at least something.
                          01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

He was yoshi? Don't ruin it! That sob story was hilarious!!!!

Comment

And it's a very real possibility he could be a paid shill:

Federal government routinely hires internet trolls, shills to monitor chat rooms, disrupt article comment sections

And God I hope that's the case, because this has tanked as a creative writing project, and if he's got nothing better to do then he's just pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                              X