TSM newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSM newbie

I tried Naltrexone for three days but it made me very nauseous. I certainly didn't want to drink. I quit the Nal two days ago so my stomach is back to normal. Does the nausea ever go away?
    "If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice." ? Meister Eckhart

Comment

TSM newbie

nausea

I took a nal on Monday and had half a glass of whiskey and some nausea nothing too horrific. At the moment I still have a small amount of nausea which is keeping me alcohol free. I will probably drink at the weekend and haven't been put of the nal. I think i am going to reduce to 25mg. I do remember taking kudzu previously which i thought had some effect. Might just be placebo effect though. Whatever helps I say. I think the best thing so far is that I am once again postively motivated to make some changes again. Its not easy to see where that comes from sometimes and sometimes a placebo is all that is needed. I think naltrexone is a good solution so far. Why make life harder than it is?

Comment

TSM newbie

Coz,
        Your drinking pattern of 2 binges per week is exactly what mine was. As is your experience of newly taking Nal. As for the gross nausea feeling (with me it accompanyed a slightly annoyed mood) it goes away after the first week. I found it yucky enough to do about a week of 25mg per drinking session before moving up to 50 the following week. Also, taking it with food is important and will minimize the nausea.

UKBlond has experienced great success with TSM as have many others, and yeah the TSM forums is a good resource... Do keep in mind that for many people it's a long treatment (most people somewhere between 6-9, even sometimes 12 months) and there are occasional spikes in drinking for most, so don't be discouraged if this happens. Good luck Cozmo and keep us updated how things go.

Comment

TSM newbie

usf1970;1619887 wrote: I tried Naltrexone for three days but it made me very nauseous. I certainly didn't want to drink. I quit the Nal two days ago so my stomach is back to normal. Does the nausea ever go away?
          Yes most people find it goes away after the first week, and the advice if you are experiencing nausea is to start with 25mg for a couple of times, then increase to 50mg. Some lucky people find 25mg is actually enough for the Nal to work, but most need 50mg.
          I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
          X