Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when you think you have forgotten a baclofen dose...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have set times when i take my baclofen, sometimes i forget, or its so routine that im not sure if i took it or not. this morning was one of those days, so i decided to take my dose. I feel a bit dizzy now, so perhaps i double dosed without realizing.

what do you all do when you think you've "forgotten" a dose? take a dose or skip it? what would be better safety wise. my doses are high nearly 100mg 3x daily, so i dont want to be doubling up due to SE
    01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Hi Neo -this is a great question. Do I understand that you are at near 300mg per day?

Comment

At 100mgs ur pretty f**ked either way. Try not to forget - I used an old-person pill container, you know, with Morning Noon Evening Night containers for each day of the week and laid the whole week out in advance. Worked well for titration schedules too.

I'd rather miss than double, though. I've done both and doubling up is like being instantly anxious and falling over and then going to take a nap. So depending on what your work schedule is like that might not work out so well.

Comment

On my short time on it I never really noticed any effect when I missed a dose. I've read of some folk craving a few hours after their dose wearing off but I think with me it would have taken a day or two for the total effects to have worn off.

Comment

Neo -If it were me, I would skip the dose (or at least take a half dose).... at your range it is not going to matter.

Comment

I agree, skip it. I've missed before. Never had a huge problem. More importantly, the liquid seems to be quite forgiving.

Comment

i was thinking skipping it was the right approach, thanks guys
              01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

Now that I have a legit prescription, the instructions say to skip any missed doses.
                In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Without doubt, skipping is the best policy. Double dosing is not fun.

Comment

Funnily enough, I forgot my morning dose for the first time in ages. Not as tragic, missed 25 mg out of 100 mg maintenance dose. Getting strange kind of "electric shock" type sensations. Will just wait till the evening, have to reduce tomorrow anyway, so it is kind of fortuitous. On higher doses I usually doubled up, which was not wise, leaving me feeling very weird and lethargic.

Comment

A couple ideas to help with accurate dosing, since I know that multiple doses per day can easily be "wait did I already take it or didn't I?"-- you could get a pillbox with multiple bins per day- am, noon, pm, bed, and fill them up accurately once a week or once a month (I always triple-check my math/pills is accurate when filling them). Then keep a postit note and a pen with it and make a check mark each time you dose for each day to refer to in case your'e not sure..
                      Apps with pre-programmed alarms are handy too. And make sure to keep the pillbox/checklist sheet close to where you need them- for me that's right at my computer.

Comment

I agree with the rest, skip it if you're not sure.
                        By the way, with the Ratiopharm brand, I felt it in my legs if I accidentally skipped a dose. My leg muscles began to feel weaker.
                        Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

I too have missed doses. Don't double dose! Because one of my S.E's was losing alot of cognitive skills. The biggest and troublesome one was forgetting things Very,very short term memory loss. Constantly forgetting what I was in a room for. Losing my glasses etc etc.
                          In any event I started using post-it notes and writing things down. When you take a dose write it down. Then you can go back later and check time, dose etc. Yes if your doing pills get one of pill/minders and pre-load it.

Comment

Working...
                          X