New to Baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Baclofen

I've been looking for a way out for a long time. My habit is 6-7 beers each evening with 8 beers on two occasions. Of course, if it continues, I know I will end up drinking more and more especially since it did not start out at where it is now! I read Dr. Phillip Thomas' website last week and ordered Baclofen 10mg tabs from In House Pharmacy which is a link on Dr. Thomas' website. I also read Dr. Thomas' Baclofen handbook over the weekend. I am looking forward to receiving the medication, but I read on one of the threads that some of you have had problems with the Baclofen that is also known as Pacifen. The Baclofen I ordered is the Pacifen type, and now I am a bit apprehensive in taking it when it comes in. I just want something to work, not give be unnecessary SE. Any advice is welcome please...

New to Baclofen

Hey freedom, welcome

I do not have any personal experience with Pacifen. Although, I believe any brand could cause SEs in higher doses in some way or another. Some brands causing worse than others. I, myself, would start off with what I had and switch over if I noticed a bad reaction or as I got into a higher dose. Mostly due to my eagerness and excitement to get to it. Also note that everyone is unique, people react differently to different manufacturers and different drugs.

Here's a good thread to mull over for some good advice:
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...fen-46174.html

Another thing to keep in mind about baclofen, is that it works BEST if you work with it. Don't expect it to carry all of your weight.

Keep us posted on how things are going for you. This place is a gold mine of information and support.
    ?If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality without.? - Eckhart Tolle

To contact me, please msg me here:
    mandiekinz@baclofenforalcoholism.com
    Baclofen for Alcoholism

Comment

New to Baclofen

Hi Mandiekinz,

I appreciate your advice. I read that thread of "Bad Baclofen" and that's where I read that the Pacifen type may cause unwanted SE, but I'm not sure if its bad due to a particular provider or if all of it is bad of this type. Guess I may find out. I have an appt Wednesday (if the snow and ice holds off or is safe for travel) to see a counselor who I am hoping will be familiar with Baclofen and write me a script...that would be the ideal situation. But if he will not comply with "my way out," I will be forced to take the online Baclofen I ordered. Thanks and Be Well!!

Comment

New to Baclofen

Good luck on Weds! Did you read this thread?
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ead-50513.html

There is some excellent information you can print out and bring to your appointment that may be able to help sway your counselor.

Let us know how it goes!
        ?If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality without.? - Eckhart Tolle

To contact me, please msg me here:
        mandiekinz@baclofenforalcoholism.com
        Baclofen for Alcoholism

Comment

New to Baclofen

I wrote a post here yesterday and my internet at work wasn't fast enough to post it. Welcome. Mkinz gives good advice. I haven't used your brand but I believe all types of baclofen cause side effects. This was the case with me. And they mostly settle out. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X