RIP Sticky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Sticky

To those of you who knew Sticky, I am very sad to bring the news that she died in Auckland, NZ on January 18, 2014. She leaves behind her husband and 2 boys aged 11 and 15.

I know that she found the MWO forum a great source of support and information and that she was friends with a few of the active members like Ne. She first joined this forum with TSM and then switched to baclofen. I am eternally grateful to her for introducing me to bac and to this forum as well (although I've only been a loiterer here)She had struggled with HDB and reaching the switch but recently she had been on a lower maintenance dose and moderating her drinking mainly successfully.

I knew that she was struggling with depression and going through a difficult time in her life and she talked about it in some of her posts here. Sadly, the demons that she was wrestling with overcame her and she took her own life. Her cause of death appears to be baclofen/prescription meds and AL.

I will always remember her as a warm, intelligent and kind hearted friend. She was also a devoted, loving wife and mother to her family. I am so sad that she is gone.
    Started on baclofen October 2012. Currently sitting at 150mgs. It's changed my life for the better :goodjob:

RIP Sticky

RIP sticky my thoughts are with your family and close friends,very sad.
    Alcohol free since 13th January 2009

Comment

RIP Sticky

How very sad .RIP, Sticky.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

RIP Sticky

Vale Sticky.

Condolences to family and friends.

Thanks for letting us know K.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

RIP Sticky

- that is so sad.
          Alcohol the bastard.
          At least she is at peace now !

I did not know Sticky but it is obvious the constant battle was too much for her and she decided to leave .... that even leaving her kids was a better option than living in torment.
          Sad- but I suppose we must accept her choice ... only she knows why it happened.

Comment

RIP Sticky

I didn't know Sticky but this is truly a tragedy. So sorry

Comment

RIP Sticky

This lady truly 'battled '
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...y-9-66324.html

Comment

RIP Sticky

Such sad news.......so sorry for this poor girl who must have been in turmoil, and the young family dealing with this....
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

RIP Sticky

Thats so awful. Feel sad hearing this news x

Comment

RIP Sticky

Oh my God. That is devastating news.

I am so sad for her family and friends.
                    Thank you for sharing the information.

Comment

RIP Sticky

Again another member has left us. I hope Sticky finally found the peace she wanted so much. I feel so sad for her children and the rest of her family and friends.

But before the trolls and maybe other community members could conclude that it might be the baclofen contributed to the lives that were lost, we have to be aware that alcoholics suffer from a serious disease.
                      Most of the time, alcoholism is a second disease, caused by primary diseases, like severe depression, etc.
                      Although baclofen is a lot of cases cures the second disease (alcoholism), the primary disease can (and in most cases will) remain and one still has to deal with that.

As with most serious diseases, even with good medicines and good support, we will lose someone once in a while.
                      And that surely feels bad.
                      Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

RIP Sticky

I did not know Sticky, but I am so sorry for her family and the battle she was fighting
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

RIP Sticky

I, also, didn't know her. However, thank you for this information and thank you satz and kiss for posting her thread.

This is so sad. Xadrian is absolutely correct. Baclofen is not always the 'cure all'. Sometimes our inner struggles and demons are much larger than alcohol. I hope it was a peaceful way out for her in the end.

My thoughts are with her family. My deepest condolences to all that she was dear to.

:heart:
                          ?If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality without.? - Eckhart Tolle

To contact me, please msg me here:
                          mandiekinz@baclofenforalcoholism.com
                          Baclofen for Alcoholism

Comment

RIP Sticky

I'm very sorry to hear this news. Thanks K_iss for posting the thread.

Condolences to her family... very sad.

Comment

RIP Sticky

Absolutely devastating. Thank you for letting us know, K_iss. Thoughts and prayers with her friends and family. Hope you found peace, Nicky, rest easy sister.

Comment

Working...
                              X