Just Curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Curious

The meds threads seem to have gone very quiet. Does anyone have any idea why? When I first joined here I stayed mainly on these threads. Even over the last couple of years I still came here to read. There used to be tons of activity and now today I see there are only a few recent (yesterday and today) threads active.

Even though meds did not work for me (I ended up doing it on my own) I still think they play a huge role in recovery for others. I hate to see this part of the boards go quiet because there just isn't much information out there otherwise.

What are your thoughts?
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Just Curious

Hi Red. i find the whole of MWO has gone quiet. I know the Army thread has .
    The site keeps going down - I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.
    I feel sorry for anyone new reaching out for support !

Comment

Just Curious

Red,

I will come out and say that a couple of multiyear career trolls wrecked the place. The mods didn't do anything, and if they ever did do anything it was too late.

This went way beyond annoying posts to stalking and harassment. No one wants to post in a place that isn't moderated, especially with a subject like alcoholism.

Comment

Just Curious

Whole site has been dead for a few weeks now
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just Curious

forums in general, people enjoy spending time on social media these days.

i'm damn lucky to have stumbled upon this site thats for sure.
          01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

Just Curious

Some of the more active senior members don't post much because of the drama. In the past this forum was a great source of support. Trolls made the drama worse, IMHO.

Sam

Comment

Just Curious

Yes red, you make a good point. I think a lot of information that is shared on the med forum has been shared many times before. However, I do think that it is nice to hear a repeat from an active member.

Additionally, I think that we all go through a stage of questioning our personal motives and objectives -or at least I do. And, how much time one has to dedicate to the site is another factor. I have no doubt that a senior member would not step up to the plate if a real question were to be asked by a newcomer that came calling.

Also, one has to consider the fact that there has been numerous trolls recently and these trolls seem to have personal vendettas against some of our long standing members. And, on top of the troll foolishness, we have a few members who are agitated with each other.

I do think things will return to somewhat "normal", but the the most sad part of all is the not hearing from those who have brought baclofen this far down the road. They will be back. But you do have to understand how difficult the road is that they keep on forging.

Comment

Just Curious

I'll just say it's really tough for newbies who honestly just want help. I've found great support from other non-med AL forums. Everyone really wants to help each other since we all have been there and you feel it. But here it's really hard to find that guidance. I have no idea what went on to create that distrust but it makes it very difficult when you are new and just want support and knowledge. That being said I found Baclofen through this site and Lo0p through this site so there's that.
                I really want to quote Rodney King right now, but won't.

Comment

Just Curious

I too am sad that this section has gotten quiet. I haven't tried any of the meds yet, but mostly because I don't have access in my part of the world. And since I'm in the US, I worry about what's on my medical record. Sad, isn't it? Anyway, this is the reason I came to MWO in the first place. I was intrigued with RJ's story.

I have found a lot of support in the other areas of MWO, but I hope that the senior members here come back and ignore the dramas and trolls. I know that is a selfish request, but a sincere one. Sorry, since I don't normally post here, I don't completely understand the issues, although I'm sure they're real. What a shame. There are many of us who follow along even though we never post here. I don't have anything to offer so I stay quiet, but I learn a lot. So thank you to all who have told your stories.
                  Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Just Curious

I too follow along. MWO is so valuable. It would be a shame to let a few ruin it for the so very many who NEED help. Without MWO God alone knows what my life would be now.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Just Curious

little beagle;1641762 wrote: I too follow along. MWO is so valuable. It would be a shame to let a few ruin it for the so very many who NEED help. Without MWO God alone knows what my life would be now.
                      Ditto.

Sam

Comment

Just Curious

I'm sorry to all the newcomers looking for support.

I've been going through some of my own problems and am now here and available to the community.

I now need you all, desperately. After these life changing events, I need to buckle down and put all of my heart and soul into the community as it has for me.

So, let's do this?

I hate to advertise, but can we build up bacforalc? Where we have control of the trolls.
                        ?If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality without.? - Eckhart Tolle

To contact me, please msg me here:
                        mandiekinz@baclofenforalcoholism.com
                        Baclofen for Alcoholism

Comment

Working...
                        X