Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to find antabus

seems like goldpharma no longer stocks it, does anyone else?`
    01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

where to find antabus

I can see serious liability issues if somebody tried their luck.

I know someone in social work, and she told me this horror story of a retarded woman who had become an alcoholic. She was too violent and unruly for an apartment so they had to rent her a house, and then she was thrown out of it because she was constantly creating fire hazards when drunk.

A judge ordered her to take Antabuse, and she drank anyway. She ended up becoming crippled from the interaction- and although she may have walked again with physical therapy she kept drinking.

She's now on the street in a wheelchair because no organization will take on the liability of taking care of her.

Neo, why do you want to take AB? I don't question that it would work, but I think there are very effective behavioral strategies that wouldn't be risky.

Comment

where to find antabus

Fred, i dont need it, its just more of a final stop to the thoughts of drinking, if im out with friends then i won't be tempted. the baclofen reduces my cravings and the AB is the last line of defense so to speak. its not critical that i get more of it.

perhaps i need to pursue therapy more.

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

where to find antabus

Fred and Palladium,

The points you raise are quite valid and definitely great to consider. If you're interested, Neo's posted about his reasons for adding AB in various threads, and I've done the same on my progress thread- it has my thoughts on why careful adding of AB to a bac protocol is a good deterrent from the habitual mindset of wanting to indulge in "one or two" even without physical cravings. AB can be helpful for people who, like myself (and Neo too, I believe?), have set goals of an extended period of AF time in which to let the bac really do its work.

I can't speak for Neo, but I for one don't want to be on AB forever- I'm shooting for 6 months completely AF, in which I heal, let the bac to its job, and learn the life skills to live and work effectively and grow stronger, and the AB takes the option of drinking off the table during this time so I can focus on all that.

My hope is that afterwards (having dropped the AB while continuing on bac) I will find drinking excessively to be distasteful and unattractive. If I find that cravings return and drinking heavily feels attractive again, then I'll re-evaluate, which will most likely mean I need to go AF permanently.

Sorry if I hijacked this thread- just thought maybe my own thoughts on the bac/AB combo might be of interest here.

Comment

where to find antabus

thanks for chiming in Skull, thats exactly the reason why i use it. im very well aware that antabuse does not effect cravings and is not a cure for cravings. im aware of the dangers of antabuse and alcohol.

Comment

where to find antabus

Hey, Neo; All Day Chemist.com carries it. I've used them for bac for years, and find them totally reliable and well-priced. I understand your reasoning and really respect your commitment - along with others that I know use both bac and AB to cover as many bases as possible in this life or death match with alcohol. I think it's fair to use absolutely every tool available, given that we may well be the first in all of human history to have enough of them to quit freaking drinking against our will, then dying.

What you have done is extraordinary. Keep doing whatever you need to do, is all I can say. Including ADC. They don't charge a lot more than buying over the counter in India, and I have always received well-packaged, fresh meds.
            "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

where to find antabus

Try unitedpharmacies.com
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
              X