Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

order stuck in customs.. running out.. head to hospital?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the dumbest thing.

I did not purchase enough to back down safely. I did order but they are still stuck in india 10 days after my order. I was at 150mg of bac and doing mostly well. I thought a pile of packages were 25mg and they were not, they were 10mg. when I realized there was a problem, I started cutting down on sunday, 3 days ago.. I cut down too much and have side effects already. Not terrible, but clear defined bac withdrawl. I am terrified of where I am headed tho.

Even at my current dosage of 90mg, I will be out in 3 days.

I am in houston, I do not have a prescription.

I am worried that if I go to the hospital, they will not treat me, or will treat me incorrectly and I will be stuck there for a long period of time.

I am worried that no doctors appear available to support prescriptions based on what I am reading here. I do not want to waste time that I do not have.

It is way too late to order anything.
    Any advice from those who have been here? HELP...

(yes, I know I was reckless. I'm sorry. very sorry).

Is going to your GP an option? Take the instructions that came with the baclofen with you and show him that sudden withdrawal is dangerous?
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

I'm certainly going to give that a shot tomorrow.. I have not been to GP in well over a year. might be awkward but I will attempt.

If I do need to go to the hospital .. any advice on what to tell them? what to sign or not to sign? I have read some aweful horror stories..

Comment

Muldoon,

I wish you the best. 90mg is relatively low but still a dose to come down from slowly. I'm not a doctor, so I'm not giving advise. Make an appt. with your doctor. Mine gave me a 30mg a day supply, but you could press your case. Baclofen is not an abused drug like a narcotic, so they may be open to it. Tell them it's an emergency visit so you won't have to wait.

Let us know how you fare.:l

Sam

Comment

90mg is high but almost down to the level listed as safe in the Physician's Desk Reference (which is 80mgs/day). So you shouldn't have a problem getting anybody to write a script for 80, though it is still off-label usage.

I second X's suggestion with the GP. Be prepared to patiently explain the dangers of withdrawal and be really sorry about doing this without a doctor's supervision, blah blah blah.

Comment

If I understand correctly, you've gone from 150 to 90 in three days?- that's a big jump down. If you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms you should see a medical professional immediately.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ml#post1602387

-tk
            TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Pm me. I'm in Houston,as well.

Comment

Sent you a PM, Muldoon.

Comment

xad sam and stuck, I callled my doctors office this morning and asked for an emergency visit. the lady said the doctor is busy today. I explained I had done something stupid and treated myself with unprescribed medicine and was running out, and that there were severe side effects of stopping abruptly. she said she would call me back.

terry, yes, 150ish to 90ish. to be honest, it might be a bit worse. I am dealing with a stressful situation, and I was taking the "extra" bac a few times. thank you for that link.

yourfriend, I could have sworn I PM'd you last night around 11ish. But this morning when I saw no reply I looked in my sent items and see I did not. I sent you another note this morning.

skullbaby, i replied to your pm.

Comment

I've talked to muldoon and helped him out.

Comment

thank you yourfriend6116, I just realized i never even asked your name. thank you for reminding me that kindness exists in the world... sometimes I forget that. so sincere thanks for both.

the doctor's office never called back. that pretty much ells me what i need to know (and already knew) about that doctor.

Comment

I know! I was kind of fed up with mwo because of some stuff going on here. I'm so glad I could help you! Promise to keep in touch. :l:l

Comment

I will second L0op's advice here. Last year I was in this exact same position with running out of bac and being 2 days from withdrawal. He said he kept a 6 month supply in a safe deposit box, on top of whatever he already had.

People, I sincerely believe that we're going to see a crackdown on online ordering before we ever see medical acceptance. It's this fear that has led me to keep an advance 6 month supply to ensure a taper down should the axe fall.

Comment

Muldoon,

Sorry so late. I am in DFW if you ever need help again.

LL
                            The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Working...
                            X