latest studies on Baclofen and Alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other day i found a link that lists available studies involving alcohol and baclofen. it shows recent studies with results and studies that are recruiting, this gives the opportunity to participate if you or someone you know wants to be part of a trial.

here is the link if interested

Search of: baclofen alcohol - List Results - ClinicalTrials.gov
    01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Hi Neo,

Amazing!! I just logged on to find this. How did you find this?

Sam

Comment

someone linked it to me on reddit, just one of those chance things

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

Nice find Neo.

Comment

Yes, it's wonderful, it's marvelous... I feel a song coming on.

I note some of the studies were completed a few years ago, some relate to alcohol withdrawal, some are ongoing for dependance, some for withdrawal.

What is interesting is that none of this results in doctors actually knowing about or doing anything about baclofen. There is some sort of breakdown in getting the information to doctors and patients.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Neo...I think you should change your Avator. Much as I like dogs, that one has scary eyes.

Cheers
          BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Neo,

Are you able to break down these studies into what is important and whether any of them may or should result in any changes in the way doctors look at baclofen?? It just seems that we are still in the same situation that even if there are some good results published, it doesn't translate into any action either by government or by doctors or their professional bodies and insurers.
            BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Whose in for the early stages of a class-action lawsuit against the AMA for NOT including baclofen as a first-line intervention for alcoholism?

Just kidding . . . kinda'.
              "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Red, now you are talking my language.

Against the AMA?? I hadn't thought about that. Interesting idea.
                BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

bumb, for people who want to see the latest studies or possibly join new ones

Comment

Working...
                  X