Kava withdrawal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kava withdrawal

I haven't talked about this, but I stumbled onto kava and started taking it morning and evening. Can't say it actually caused a buzz, but definitely a pleasant feeling. I actually grew to enjoy its bitter shitty taste. I quit buying it when I saw i was going through a $30 bottle a week. Within a few days, my mood started getting bitchy. I couldn't complete my meditation rituals and I wondered if I was slipping back into depression.

I suspect kava is the culprit- as yanking it suddenly probably couldn't be good. A lot of kava searches actually turned up here on this board.

Any of the current crowd take it?

Kava withdrawal

I vaguely remember trying it. Don't recall any buzz and didn't really get into it. Don't recall any withdrawl but I think I only took it on a few occasions.
    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Kava withdrawal

I think it can be pretty hard on the liver and probably shouldn't be taken continuously in higher amounts. I don't know much about it but have you looked into kratom? It's plant-based and supposedly can have similar benefits without the toxicity of kava. Just re-read your post... if you are using the bottled extract of kava from health food store I don't think it's very powerful. Heard good stories about people using kava on the islands, in a traditional manner, though! The stuff we get here is supposedly a lot weaker and more expensive than what you can get in, say, the South Pacific. If you're into it I'd research finding a good source for the whole root and make my own tea/extracts. Random thoughts...
      http://baclofenforalcoholism.com

Comment

Working...
      X