Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hola Amigos...Buying Baclofen in Spain questions

Hello All

Like many of you I was under the impression that Baclofen is freely available over the counter in Spain. I am planning a trip to Barcelona to stock up (and enjoy the City) and have been emailing a few pharmacies to ensure they can provide me with a few months supply when I get there.

So far only two pharmacies have replied to tell me that they can only sell me Baclofen with a prescription.

So, if anyone has any first hand, or reliable second hand info on what parts of Spain I can buy Baclofen in I'd be very grateful as otherwise I may run out relatively soon as my internet purchases are getting stopped more often or not and so far the doctors here wont give me a prescription in high dosages (150mg a day right now)

Thanks for your time in advance

Adam

Spain

I have asked pharmacists in Spain, Barcelona and in several small towns that I have traveled through about the possibility of purchasing Baclofen without a prescription and was universally turned down. A couple of times I got the impression that they did not understand me so I actually took an empty package with me and was informed that a prescription was needed in all cases - even an emergency.

So, maybe it is an "urban myth" that Baclofen can be purchased in Spain without a prescription?

That would be my guess.

Comment

Well I have struck out completely in mainland Spain. I emailed Pharmacies in Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga and Sevilla (all cities I can fly to easily) and all have confirmed that I need a prescription to obtain baclofen.

I have not tried any in Mallorca which was where the poster had been able to purchase Bac without a prescription and if I have any reason to be there I shall certainly try. It is also possible that some of the pharmacies would sell BAC without an Rx but would not say so in an email, so the next time I am in Spain I will try it out.

I have found a doctor locally that is prepared to write me an Rx for 120mg a day titrating down to 75mg over time as he is only comfortable at 75mg a day. I'll take it as it is better than nothing and hopefully top up with any supplies I can continue to get my hands on via online pharmacies.

I now need to play a cat and mouse game with the local post office and rotate my shipping addresses. I feel like a criminal (a little) but I'll happily take it over a return to my uncontrolled drinking and the daily cravings to drink that were my life for 25 years.

Comment

adam777;1659919 wrote: I have found a doctor locally that is prepared to write me an Rx for 120mg a day titrating down to 75mg over time as he is only comfortable at 75mg a day. I'll take it as it is better than nothing and hopefully top up with any supplies I can continue to get my hands on via online pharmacies.
        If you are lucky, you will find your switch below 120 mgs.
        I did at 90 and several others switched low too.
        Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
        X