Lioresal to be discontinued in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the title says really. I got a prescription from my doctor and the pharmacist in my local branch of tescos informed me. there's probably still a load of stock out there still with various distributors but that will eventually run out. he told me that it has been discontinued since some time in February. Dr Chick has previously prescribed me "baclofen" where as my Dr specifies Lioresal so not sure what i'll be getting next.

anyway, just a heads up really....

Ask the pharmacist what other brands they carry and ask on the forum what kind of experience others have with the available brands.

I had Ratiopharm and Actavis, which worked well.

I also had Sandoz, which was a nightmare, because it didn't work. It made me believe I lost my switch.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

I can't really say for sure that I can tell the difference between brands, but (!) I prefer other brands over Lioresal. It may be simply my perception, but I feel like Lioresal makes me groggy. So maybe it's a good thing?

Comment

Theres a website that tells you what brands the NHS script from each drug. I can't remember it off the top of my head.

Actavis is a very common UK brand. Never had Ratiopharm in any kind of drug though. Had Santoz on a benzo from memory. You could try and ask for a differnet brand but its a bit differnet her than in the US. The NHS is strange that way.

Comment

Working...
        X