My Way Out -New Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Way Out -New Format

It appears that My Way Out has found a new source of revenue to help keep the site funded.

At first, I thought my computer was infected but then I just took a guess that MWO is now creating a link to recovery site to increase revenues . In MWO, it appears that they are creating links with words that you use in a post. The good thing that I found was the fact that the link only applies to you while you are writing the post. I sure hope this remains the same.

The links to words in your posts appears to be random. I certainly don't think that I blame my way out for trying to gain additional revenues. I further believe that the owners probably chose the least intrusive marketing efforts to achieve the maximum revenue. Only time will tell. Much more of this type marketing and it may become too cumbersome for me to continue with this site.

EDIT:
    Rut-ro: They are embedding the marketing links into the posts. And I am also somehow having advertising sites open -seems randomly.

Ok, this activity will now probably minimize my activity on this site -probably to just some random reading on occasion.

My Way Out -New Format

Is anyone else experiencing the same mult-post advertising link issues? I now have a spam site opening up in my browser -outside of the mwo forum. Wow, this is incredibly disappointing.

Comment

My Way Out -New Format

nothing here Spirit....
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

My Way Out -New Format

I'm not experiencing that. Could you try logging on from a different computer or device?

My iPad did that in emails for awhile but then it resolved.

Good luck!

Comment

My Way Out -New Format

mama bear;1660649 wrote: nothing here Spirit....
          Wow, thanks MamaB -others posted on the other topic sections that they had this similar problem in the past. I guess I was only fooling myself thinking that I had the best Anitvirus/Malware software.

Is anyone else experiencing the same mult-post advertising link issues? I now have a spam site opening up in my browser -outside of the mwo forum. Wow, this is incredibly disappointing.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. This seems to be only happening on my computer when I log into the MWO site.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
          X