Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customs Charge UK

Hi

For the first time I've been hit with a customs charge of ?14.70 for my online baclofen order. I order from inhouse pharmacy and have never had to pay this before.

Anyone from the UK finding something similar?

Also, I've seen other members mention a UK forum. I've tried to get on baclofenuk.com but nothing happens.
    Honour Thyself

Customs Charge UK

Hi Emily

I use Goldpharma (goldpharma.com) which is based in germany and so falls under the EU and thus is outside of customs checking.

I usually get a delivery within 3 - 4 days too so its way faster that the others that are outside of our region.

The only thing that puts you off is you have to fill in an online questionaire if you dont have a prescription but this is just a formality and I've not had any questions asked when I simply state my diagnosis as alchoholism!

If you need any help with the process please let me know.

Mickey

Comment

Customs Charge UK

Hi Mickey

Thanks so much, will use them in future and the offer of help should I need it with the questionaire.
      Honour Thyself

Comment

Customs Charge UK

What happens is that anything over the value of ?38 is vatable upon import to the country when coming from outside the EU (it's also true when you bring back goods on holiday, remember coleen rooney got done for it?). there will typically be a fee on top of that as well for clearance, circa ?8.

If you order from the german pharmacy there is no VAT to be charged as it is within the EU.

Comment

Customs Charge UK

regarding the questionnaire, just put in when it asks why you want baclofen "for supression of alcohol cravings" and that'll do it.

Comment

Customs Charge UK

Hi Chelsea

Thank you for your reply. Yes. that turned out to be an expensive lot of bac but I will order from Goldpharma next time.
            Honour Thyself

Comment

Customs Charge UK

Just had a look on goldpharma.com and omg there are so many different types of baclofen, what do I order? The ones I get from inhousepharmacy have pacifen 10 written on them.

Just checked the ones that I get from UK chemist and they have mylan written on them, which I'm taking it is the labratory - best to order those ones?

Aaarrghhh, also looking for proof of prescription, oh dear, what to do
              Honour Thyself

Comment

Customs Charge UK

Emily,

River sent me Pacifen, but Goldpharma sent me a German brand. I like the 10mg ones for starters, but the German ones are 25mg.

Sam

Comment

Customs Charge UK

Hey Palladium

Thank you so much for this, this is exactly the info I needed, the call really worried me. I will get it all done tomorrow.

Thanks again
                  Honour Thyself

Comment

Working...
                  X