Here we go again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MeJustMe View Post
    I think that's a very interesting reply, Meanspirit. Especially the "Very inspiring" bit. Said with love. God bless you.
    MJM -I am sad that you concluded that I said what I said in way that you found offensive ("Very inspiring" -speaking to LIZ -and a slight warning that "alcohol can be a foe" -trickster).

Regardless of all this MWO stuff, MJM, I am very truly sorry for the loss of your mom. This is a very, very difficult time for you and my wife and I both only want to send out thoughts of peace and hope to you. My wife lost her mom three years ago and our lives without her mom have been very challenging. My wife has steadily become more accepting -if there is such a thing, and has slowly been healing from the grief and her self-imposed guilt. I am very sad for you right now, but I know that you will get through this -one day at time or, at times, one hour at time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your other family members. Regardless of what or who on this forum thinks about me, I am always hoping that we each find our own peace and sense of well being.

--sf--
    Last edited by Spiritfree; December 26, 2015, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Just dropping in to say a quick g'day.

Well the last few months have been a nightmare but the anti depressants seem to be doing what they do,although they have taken the edge off the depression they have far from fixed it.
      To make matters worse I have been drinking to excess over the christmas and new year period.This certainly does not help lol.
      I think I have had one day off since christmas eve,I wake up full of remorse even though nothing has gone wrong and the immediate cure is to crack another beer.
      The vicious circle is in full effect,my missus even suggested that I should go back to AA the other day.

It has been very quiet in here,I am still lurking everyday.

I just wanted to post a happy new year to all the regular posters in here,new and old and provide a little update on where I am at.

Oh and congratulations Ne on completing your nursing.

Until next time take care and I look forward to reading your posts,

cheers Stevo.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post

Well the last few months have been a nightmare but the anti depressants seem to be doing what they do,although they have taken the edge off the depression they have far from fixed it.
        To make matters worse I have been drinking to excess over the christmas and new year period
        Hi Stevo,

I've recently been experiencing life without my go to cure (wine) for anxiety/depression, and found out about this book on another thread. I highly recommend it.

The Mood Cure: The 4-Step Program to Take Charge of Your Emotions--Today: Julia Ross: 9780142003640: Amazon.com: Books

It talks about how deficiencies in certain amino acids can impact how we feel. There is a good summary at the beginning of the thread where I discovered it here:

M
        Last edited by Mom21961; January 3, 2016, 11:34 AM.
        http://baclofentreatment.com/
        http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
        http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

To make matters worse I have been drinking to excess over the christmas and new year period.This certainly does not help lol.
          I think I have had one day off since christmas eve,I wake up full of remorse even though nothing has gone wrong and the immediate cure is to crack another beer.
          The vicious circle is in full effect,my missus even suggested that I should go back to AA the other day.

It has been very quiet in here,I am still lurking everyday.

I just wanted to post a happy new year to all the regular posters in here,new and old and provide a little update on where I am at.

Oh and congratulations Ne on completing your nursing.

Until next time take care and I look forward to reading your posts,

cheers Stevo.
          Steve -You truly are a good person and all of us who read your posts know this. Now is the time that you MUST truly get help -outside of online forums, books, etc. You deserve to be happy and at peace with yourself, and if you do not get help elsewhere, you will never find what you deserve or are looking for. Peace to ya Stevo. --sf--

Comment

deleted
            Last edited by Spellers; September 18, 2016, 12:56 PM. Reason: privacy concerns with this site

Comment

Stevo- I'm saddened to hear of your recent struggles. I'm worried for you. Do you at least have a counselor you see regularly? If I were you, I'd seriously consider hooking up with AA if just long enough to get you back on track. Once you are back on track you'll probably be good again.

Comment

Gday Stevo,

You know that booze will often cancel the effectiveness of anti depressants. Neutralizes them in effect. As you know, boozing will feed any depression and negativity present and magnify it to dangerous levels till something gives, and something always does. Removing grog from the picture is the beginning.

I hope you find out how to turn your thinking around to benefit you rather than imprison you. There are time honoured ways to do this. I wish for you a happy, healthy year of freedom ahead mate. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Stevo -just dropping in to see if you are still reading the forum and wondering how you are doing. Please let us know. --sf--

Comment

Steve,

I figure you're probably still reading. I've heard from several people from this thread who just don't want to post here anymore. If you feel like emailing me, please feel free. I hope you're doing okay.

Same thing goes to the rest of you guys. Much as I hate it, and much as I wish we could/would all keep this thread (and the meds section of this forum) active, I understand not wanting to post.

Hell, I don't even want to post what's going on with me on my very own thread! And it's all baclofen related. Or most of it, anyway. And y'all know there's very little that can keep me from posting when the mood strikes.

<very heavy sigh>

I'm thinking about the ones I haven't heard from, and hope you'll check in, even if it's just to say that you're alive and hanging in there. Much love out.
                    :hug:

Comment

I am unlikely to be posting any more, but did just want to acknowledge your posts, Stevo, & wishing you the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Molly78 View Post
                        I am unlikely to be posting any more, but did just want to acknowledge your posts, Stevo, & wishing you the best.
                        Oh no! Say it isn't so! You've been helpful to me multiple times.

M
                        http://baclofentreatment.com/
                        http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
                        http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

Molly78- Sorry to hear it. I always enjoyed your posts. Lex

Comment

Stevo - I’m so sorry I haven’t responded. I’ve been wanting to, but feeling painfully shy about posting here ever since getting back from my week and half of travels over the holidays. I don’t know why. Feel free to PM me if you want. You’re in my thoughts.

Molly - I’m also sorry to hear that. I’ve enjoyed your posts, as well.

Comment

deleted
                              Last edited by Spellers; September 18, 2016, 12:56 PM. Reason: privacy concerns with this site

Comment

Yep, I'm still alive.

Hey everyone - as you all know I haven't posted in quite a while. MWO just fell off my radar, and I haven't had the urge to return. I assure you it was nothing personal in any way. But I've been informed that my presence has been requested, at least to check in.

I'm doing ok - very busy with work, but the tedious kind. Class planning and teaching, and not doing much else. Didn't drink over the holidays, except around the new year. Trying to get back to a healthier routine. Not out of any misguided resolution or anything, but just to get back to a gym a few days a week. Anyway, that's really about it. Hope people are doing well out there.

Steveo, sorry to see you're mired in some depression. That freaking blows.

People are welcome to PM me, but I probably won't be checking much. Again, nothing personal.

Comment

Working...
                                X