Using Campral, Naltrexone, and Baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have all three...Not sure if I should just stick to one or take one with another?

Hi lorchard. :welcome: I really can't give too much advice, as I'm not a doctor. I've only been on two of those medications (campral previously and baclofen currently). However, I would advise you to start one at a time. They all have their own potential share of side effects.

Starting them all at once will likely cause you far more problems than you bargained for. Plus, you'll never really know which one is helping (or not helping).

I hesitate to say much more because, again, I'm not a doctor and don't want to steer you down the wrong path. But I wish you luck whatever you decide to do. Keep us posted.

Comment

What does your medical doctor advise?

Comment

My medical dr just prescribed campral this week and I received Baclofen in the mail today. The naltrexone is basically left over

Comment

If you're going to self-medicate with baclofen (something I wouldn't recommend), you at least need a dosing schedule that came from a doctor. Start low and work your way up slowly seems to be the general consensus.

I'm on both Campral (666mg 3X daily) and baclofen and have never had any issue combining the drugs. Never been on naltrexone so I can't speak as to how that would affect the drug cocktail. When in doubt, ask your doctor.
          In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Some members have used baclofen and naltrexone together successfully.

What I'd say about the naltrexone is if you are simply wanting to use it because you have some left over, and don't intend continuing once you've used it up, assuming it's only one or two months supply and that you are going to be using it as per TSM(ie drinking with it) I'd probably advise not bothering. TSM works when someone uses nal consistently, each time they consume alcohol over a moderate to longish period of time eg 6 months. Using it then removing it before you've had the long-term TSM affect results in readdiction on the pathway you've just tried to get rid of. Obviously you still have baclofen coming in from the anxiety angle but it could make it worse.

Please note I don't have any scientific papers to back this up, this is based only on the anecdotal info seen here and on the TSM forum, along with my understanding of how TSM works and something Otter once posted about the receptors being hypersensitive when you do take Nal away - and I believe him on that because it fits in with other stuff I have read plus other reported experiences of TSM.
            I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

I'm on bac - I wouldn't even consider taking it with those other drugs.

Comment

Probably easier to take one at a time, baclofen is powerful. If it doesn't work you could then try naltrexone.

If I remember correctly Loop used the baclofen/naltrexone/TSM combination very successfully.
                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
                X