Any redditors on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any redditors on here?

When baclofen cured me of my cravings I felt very passionate about spreading its awareness, so I setup a subreddit as a place holder for information on baclofen and a place for people to discuss the medication or other anti craving medications. Here is the link.

Baclofen for Alcoholism

I have left it alone for some time as there wasn't much interest, last few days there have been some more posts after I mentioned the subreddit in another popular subreddit.

If anyone uses reddit, please subscribe and feel free to post, it can't hurt to have more discussion forums on baclofen and I don't have all the answers.

I think siloed forums like this are dieing, places like reddit are really the future for forums. The sub is just not very popular at the moment.
    01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Any redditors on here?

What is your sub? My name redanony. I don't really browse the stopdrinking sub, a lot of drinkers/non-drinkers seem to be set in their ways. But this is the forum that helped me the most. They have great advice and experience with it.

Comment

Any redditors on here?

neophyte;1699447 wrote: When baclofen cured me of my cravings I felt very passionate about spreading its awareness, so I setup a subreddit as a place holder for information on baclofen and a place for people to discuss the medication or other anti craving medications. Here is the link.

Baclofen for Alcoholism

I have left it alone for some time as there wasn't much interest, last few days there have been some more posts after I mentioned the subreddit in another popular subreddit.

If anyone uses reddit, please subscribe and feel free to post, it can't hurt to have more discussion forums on baclofen and I don't have all the answers.

I think siloed forums like this are dieing, places like reddit are really the future for forums. The sub is just not very popular at the moment.
      What is a siloed forum? I think you should change your user name on Reddit.
      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Any redditors on here?

Guillaume you are correct there in regards to siloed forums. Sites like Mywayout is the old way, the only way people seeking information on anti craving drugs find out about mywayout is if they google medications , in my case it was Naltrexone. Many people have no idea about naltrexone, campral and especially baclofen and will never find out about this cure.

Reddit is the new way. Its free and has millions of users and plenty of alcoholics. The tools to moderate subreddits are superior to forums, you can even run bots to filter out spam amongst other things.

I agree with both of you, my nickname needs to change, I created a new account called Neophyte- however all the posts I have created with upvotes were created under that stupid nickname I created when I was drunk (go figure), I thought it was hilarious at the time.... My nickname is testament to how much someone "grows up" when alcoholism is removed.

I could repost the same topics under the new nickname, however they would lose the up votes, but i guess that is a small price to pay. Anyone care to help out my reddit posts and up vote them?

It's also worth joining the sub, even if you don't want to participate, gaining more members makes the subreddit more popular, raising awareness. Originally I became discouraged as not many people were posting. But I have had people message me with a lot of gratitude as they had no idea this even existed.

So I think its worth just giving a bit of my time.
        01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

Any redditors on here?

If people truly need help, they won't give a shit about your username. For me, I just read the comments and replies. Usernames aren't important to me at all. It's the internet and anything as offensive as it could be, could also be sarcastic.

Comment

Working...
          X