goggle search no longer works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed that you can no longer use google search to find old topics on the board. It just comes up as a an invalid URL. This basically ruins the meds board in my eyes as its how 90% of new comers find info and end up here. Even for members who are already here its now a nightmare to find old topoic you might be looking for. Surely this should have been thought through or maybe the servers are still being updated?

Just noticed that the search function doesn't work either. WTF.. Please god tell me this is teething problems.

Comment

I would imagine it's because of the site changes. How I understand it Google uses a variety of things to list sites, and I would guess that the format changes have messed this up a bit but will recover with time.
      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

I really hope that gets fixed somehow. That's how I found MWO - by looking up information on baclofen and running across some threads from this forum. Also, it looks like the oldest thread in the forum is now from April of this year (outside of older threads that have had follow up posts since April). I hope I'm just doing it wrong and haven't yet figured out how to access the archives. Does anyone know? That would be really tragic if all those older threads are gone now.

Comment

Not so sure this is gonna get sorted. I live in hope. The search function still doesn't work so to me it looks like the servers have been wiped. Not a lot any search function (Google) can do about this if there's nothing it can search for. I've posed on the new thread on "how do you think things are going" on the top of the forums main page and also sent a PM. Nothing yet.

Don't want to sound lie a Conspiracy theorist loon but hasn't the meds board always been a bit of a thorn on the side of MWO. We seem the only sub board that seems to get spammed?

Comment

GD has also massively been spammed.
            I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Well it seems that a google search doesnt even now bring up results never mind send you to this site on a dead link. Seems that the servers have really been wiped.

Example being... Try searching for... Baclofen titration schedule. Or... Baclofen success rate.

These 2 along would have brought up multiple links sending you to the my way out meds board.

Also makes sense why the search function on the new site brings up no old threads from before they switch over.

This is a massive flaw. If anyone can get in touch with the mods could they ask if this is really happened. I see no reason why it hasn't. Google are usually on the ball.

Comment

Just had a PM from Roberta. Siad it could take a while but it should work it self out I'm the end.

Comment

Working...
                X