Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TerryK celebrates 4 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TerryK celebrates 4 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

neophyte;n2515953 wrote: Terry, I'm curious when you say you experience no euphoria at all when drinking, I find this not the case for me at 300mg of baclofen. If I consume 3 glasses of wine, ill get some euphoria, though its diminished. When I don't drink however I don't crave. However there is still a will power component there if i have had a bad day or the circumstances lead that way. I wonder if I actually need to go higher in baclofen, something I don't want to do.

Just interested in your thoughts on this.
    Yeah Neo, my experience is a bit different than yours, and I certainly don't envy the position you are in - having to contemplate going upwards of 300mg. Even at my current dose of 180mg/day I don't get any positive effects from drinking. Right about the time I would expect to feel a buzz (about halfway through my 2nd beer), I just start to feel a bit dull. And if I continue to finish that beer quickly I start to get sluggish and feel "drugged" (not in a good way). There's no relaxation, no warmth, no euphoria. Then that beer goes right to the table and I switch to soda water. At higher doses of baclofen, beer tastes completely unpalatable (like potato soda) and I would have a hard time winning a $100 bet to drink 4 beers. I have a few more thoughts and some questions to ask you, maybe via PM in a few days?...I've got some family issues that are keeping me busy at the moment.....And my PM box is over full, so I can't send you the message I just typed - I haven't forgotten what we talked about in our last PM conversation, I'll get in touch with you again, as soon as I can find the time.

-tk
    TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

"Potato soda"

Isn't that just a vodka tonic?

Comment

Sure Terry, look forward to hearing from you.
        01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

Congrats on your 4 years, Terry. You've been a valuable poster for this site, for sure. Thanks for the shout out, too, although I couldn't help but notice you forgot Otter on your list. IIRC, when I stopped posting here in 2012, you guys had a blossoming bromance going on.

Anywho, may your bac success continue.
          Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.
          George Santayana

Comment

Major congrats, Terry. You are an inspiration to us all.

Comment

Just a reminder

Comment

Working...
              X