Efficacy of baclofen second time around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Efficacy of baclofen second time around

A friend of mine (Yes, not me.) who was on the old site is thinking of stopping baclofen to see if some of her SEs go away. She's wondering if baclofen will work the same the second time. Will it take higher doses? She is drinking moderately--2 glasses of wine 3 nights a week. She's on 30 mgs a day. She'll appreciate any info. Thanks.

Man, if there ever was a thread I could help on, it's this one. I've stopped and started a few times, and each time is much like the first time. I was able to go faster the other times because I knew I wasn't going to die from the SE's, and there were some SE's that never came back at all. Indifference reached at the same number each time.

Comment

Thanks for both your posts. She thanks you too.

Comment

im curious as to the reasons people stop and then start again? did you stop thinking that alcohol wouldnt be a problem then began drinking again?

I'm abroad at the moment and considered stopping baclofen to avoid having to carry it overseas. I ended up just going down from 300 to 250 daily and got it here no dramas. Reason why I didnt come off is because the SE starting again.
        01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

The first time was because I didn't know what would happen, and thought it would be worth finding out. The second time I stopped drinking for a long while, and so didn't see the need to continue with baclofen at the same time.

So only twice. For some reason I thought it was more.

Comment

She wants to stop because of some uncomfortable sensations in her legs. She reports she's doing well. She'd been on the MM--Moderation Management? site prior to baclofen and drinks 2 chosen nights/week. She's at 30 mgs and hasn't been drunk in months. She wants to see if bac is causing her issue. Either way she says she'll go back on it. I think I've been true to her story.

I was at 30 mgs and thought about quitting when I started running this past summer because the year before I didn't do well with the heat and baclofen. I went to 20 mgs and didn't like how I felt so I went back up.
            Last edited by kronkcarr; January 6, 2015, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X