Online recovery conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online recovery conference

Dr Gabor Mate is taking part in this 6 day online conference. It's called Recovery 2.0 #MoveBeyondAddiction. It takes place Feb 6-12. I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Recovery 2.0 is a global addiction recovery resource for those seeking to thrive in life beyond addiction.

Interesting. Thanks, Kronk.

Comment

Thanks, kronk. Wow, that’s quite a roster of speakers they have at that conference! Hopefully, it’s something that will be recorded, and can be looked up later, versus just streaming live.

Comment

Hi Kronk -and other members --- just a reminder that this conference started today and has some awesome speakers -beginning with Dr. Gabor Mate. It is not too late to sign in and just listen. You can simply listen to the recorded conferences or the live conversations -via video. SF

Edit: Only in my opinion of course, but Gabor Mate has to be one of the most brilliant analyst regarding addiction and the human mind that I have ever listened to. He truly understands and is able to somewhat communicate the real operation of the addicted, and even non-addicted brain/mind. I am thankful to have been introduced to Dr. Mate's communications.
        Last edited by Spiritfree; February 6, 2015, 11:47 AM.

Comment

So far, not impressed with the talks.

Comment

It got better. The talk with Mate' had some interesting moments very late into it. Though nothing that hasn't been discussed here. I wasn't going to write snarky stuff, but changed my mind. Like Mate looked drunk in the beginning, and Rosen has to stop with the noises of empathy, or compassion, or whatever it is he is trying to convey. But I am in another bad mood, so it might not bother anyone else.

Comment

I have read two of Dr Mate's books -- 'When the Body Says No' and 'In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts' -- and, if you are interested in the views of a very thoughtful guy on addiction and stress, I recommend them both highly.

Cassander
              With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

Thanks, Cassander. Mate is the greatest mind out there re addiction, IMHO.

Comment

Another interesting talk was/is given by Dr. Bruce Lipton: "Rewriting the subconscious mind" -IMO of course.

SF

Comment

Working...
                  X