when will I get my head back! HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been dosing up Topa for about one month, just this week finally up to 150mgs.. I have been going very slow. I am doing the Adrifinil, too.. but I am still feeling woosy. I think I want to get to 200mgs next week and stop. I wonder how long when I am at the dose I want to stay at when I will finally even out... I know the dosing up is hard, but anyone have input on when you head cleared back to normal after you stayed at your current topa dose????
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Hi Meditation MaMa

I stopped taking the Topa due to the side effects. I couldn't even finish a thought....However now I'm drinking way too much, and that's worse.

I want to start taking the Topa again, but I have 100 mgs pills, and I read on another thread that you shouldn't cut them in half. I know this isn't any help to your question, but I was wondering the same thing about how long it will take to get over the symptoms of confusion, and lost words..

Kali

Comment

Don't know how long you guys have been taking it or if you are trying to moderate or be AF. I have little to offer as I have only been on it a short time and am still at 25mg. I tried it several times and always had to go off after 2 to 3 days as I felt so fatigued. Finally decided I would wait to start it until on vacation so it didn't matter if I was fatigued. In the meantime I started supps and cds and managed to go AF 10/11 days and the one day off was mods by sheer will power. When I started the topa again, I did not have the side effects! Maybe if you try to be AF for a while it will help. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks Louise,

I'm going to take mine today, and keep my fingers crossed, because I stand myself drinking and drunk everyday.....
        Kali.

Comment

At 75 mg I no longer had cravings. I went up to 100 mgs for 3 months and have now stopped taking. 3 weeks with no cravings. The "on the tip of my tongue" forgetfulness I got lasted about 3 weeks. Never was tired. Took my doses 50 mgs in the a.m. & 50mgs before bed.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Meditation Mama,
            I was on Topa for just over a year and never went above 100 mg. 50 AM & 50 PM. It was working great for me.
            I stopped taking it because I was worried about my hair getting thinner...
            I'm not sure if it's the topa or hormones, or my age...(46)
            I thought I'd be OK w/out the topa,.. I kinda was for about 3 months or so, then started to slip back into old habits and having really bad cravings ALL of the time!
            So now I'm back on the topa, and doing great. Maybe try a lesser dosage. I have heard of people cutting the pills in 1/2. If you're that tired & feeling out of it, can you get a lower dosage?
            What do have to loose by trying to cut em in 1/2?
            I'm no Doctor... but I think I'd try it.
            Just my 2 cents worth.
            Best of luck Hon.
            :l
            Judie
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

I heard that by cutting them in half they lose some of their potency. So at least it's not they get really strong or anything. I have been on Topa since the end of February (@ 200mgs now) and I still have trouble with word recall. I hate that part of it. I feel like an idiot sometimes because I have to talk in front of peole all the time. I end up using little words that make me sound dumb, at least to me. BUT!!!! My health is better. I know this because I recently had a blood test and my liver function was normal. That hasn't happen in YEARS. I put up with the word recall loss for my health. i don't plan on being on Topa for the rest of my life, just for now. Maybe I'll try cutting back a bit to see if it still works on the cravings and gives me back a few words.
              Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Did your hair start to come back? Mine is very thin from the topa but when I go off it I start to drink again and when I have recently gone back on the topa it doesn't seem to be as effective. The topa I mean I have had to go up to 200 where as before I was at 100 same as you.

Comment

My hair seems to be about the same. But I'm not sure it was from the topa, might just be my age... or hormones... But it hasn't gotten any worse either...(lately)
                  I'm at the same dosage with the topa, so hopefully that'll do the trick.
                  I do take selinium & biotin, as well as a vitamineral green supplement, hopefully that'll start helping with the hair.. It still feels pretty healthy, just not near as thick as it used to be...:upset:
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

I have been taken biotin and zinc too to try to help. But I am 53 and it is certainly the topa for me. My hair is breaking off so much I hate to brush it. It sucks. I stopped taking it but the demons came back worse. Now I am trying to get back to where I was even if I am bald.

Comment

Working...
                    X