campral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

campral

I am trying to get opinions on campral experience. Does i t help with sleep? The root of my alcoholism is depression and iam taking SAMe which is really helping. I still have sleep issues though. I got a subscription for campral which I will start soon. Just wanted to know whether it would help with insomnia
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Campral is an anticraving drug, it is not a sleep aid and it is not known for causing somnolence.
    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Thanks for the input, I have done extensive research on it and it does regulate chemical imbalances. It does eleviate some of the distress the body goes through such as anxieties. I am just trying to get an opinion from some people who have actually been on it and their experience with its impact on sleep quality.
      Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Hi,

Just noticed your thread and had to chirp in. I started on Campral on Wednesday and tbh I'm not sure what to feel but from doing the research this is what to be expected. It's not a drug like Baclofen were you KNOW your on a drug.

Regarding sleep.. I don't sleep great anyway plus it's only been 5 days since my last drink which was the tail end of a 2 week bender so I'm not in the best position to speak on sleep issues... Sorry.

I've tried all the drugs talked about on this board and this one has by far and away the least amount of SEs. I can see why some might think of it as a placebo.

I intend to give it 3 months and take it from there. If I get to 3 months I'll know it's done something as currently I can't go 3 days.

Comment

Forgot to add.. The best thing that will help with your insomnia imo is a few months off the booze. By what ever means necessary. Give the Campral a go, you've nothing to loss.

I didn't drink last night (Friday!) maybe something's at work!

Comment

Originally posted by *Thomas View Post
            Forgot to add.. The best thing that will help with your insomnia imo is a few months off the booze. By what ever means necessary. Give the Campral a go, you've nothing to loss.

I didn't drink last night (Friday!) maybe something's at work!
            I agree completely.

Also there are times when I don't sleep, but I believe that is quite natural, body and mind under stress, random unknown reasons. Humans aren't robots!
            I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
            X