Eye Trouble with Topa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye Trouble with Topa

I took Topa long enough to get up to 125 per day. Then my left eye turned red and began hurting. I had read online that this was a symptom of a rare glaucoma-like side effect that could lead to blindness and Topa should be discontinued immeditely at the onset of these symptoms. Too bad, as the Topa was beginning to work well.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Eye Trouble with Topa

I've never even tried topo, but heard about that possible side effect. How about trying campral or naltrexone? Lots of people get the help they need from them and with less side effects than the topo.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Eye Trouble with Topa

I may indeed be headed in that direction.

Comment

Eye Trouble with Topa

I do recall someone having eye problems but couldn't find the thread. Sorry.....
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Eye Trouble with Topa

I started topa a week ago. My eye hurts like hell, has on and off for about the same amount of time. I think it started just before i started topa, not sure. It might be allergies. I just had a complete eye exam recently. Anyway, I"m going to stop the topa for a few days see if it makes a difference. I really want to take the topa!! It has already been making a difference in my drinking, even at just 50 mgs a day!
          Hugs,
          imatree

Comment

Eye Trouble with Topa

Let me know how the stop/start goes. I was benefiting from topa too. But my headaches are gone and my eye no longer hurts nor is it photosensitive.

Comment

Eye Trouble with Topa

I had to stop taking topa because of eye pain, sensitivity to light , and redness, it got bad at around 75mg. I stopped taking it and was devastated but it is a very serious side effect if it does not go away. It can lead to glaucoma if it is serious enough. be careful. :h
              Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Working...
              X