PharmaGABA for cravings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PharmaGABA for cravings

I have been researching natural options to stop cravings. All fingers seem to point to GABA Increase in the brain. This is what baclofen, phenibut and other anticraving meds seem to increase, so why not jus take GABA from the supplements store? problem is the gaba supplements are synthetic and can't cross the blood brain barrier so they pretty much a waste of money. The only exception is PharmaGABa which is naturally made and has the ability to cross the brain barrier. I have been on this site for years with several tries to quit. I have had some success, most recent being six months but the cravings were brutal as I was going cold turkey. I went on resent bender and it was sooo bad that iam real done this time. In my several research findings , decided to get some pharmagaba from the vitaminshoppe and took 200mg. Today is day one, all I can say this stuff is amazing. I woke up this morning feeling the usual hopelessness, regret, severe anxiety, defeated ......all gone. I have absolutely no desire to drink. Will keep you posted as I intend to use for cravings...
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your updates.

Comment

Pharmagaba is just a brand name supplment with gaba as the active ingredient with some other crappy fillers that don't do anything. See the ingredient list http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors...e-Tablets/8351

but if it helps, keep doing it i spose. just for clarification phenibut and baclofen are gaba-b agonists, they don't increase gaba in the brain they agonise the gaba beta receptor, which is like having more gaba at those receptors. In the case of phenibut tolerance and dependence rapidly develop. In baclofens case only dependence, so you can indefinitely keep taking the same dose. Why not just stick with baclofen? More than enough evidence showing it works.
      01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

This product worked for me and does not have "crappy filler"...Jus fruit sugars. I know what I felt...I took it. The process of fermantation and use of natural ingredients enables it to cross the bbb. I don't feel comfortable taking Baclofen because its a drug that I don't want to be depended on. I jus want something that I can take occasionally when the cravings become overwhelming.
        Last edited by lizker; May 31, 2015, 09:45 AM.
        Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Originally posted by Palladium
          That's rather like how beer works, isn't it?
          I don't quite get your point, but a lot of foods including kimchi, yogurt, vinegar, tofu...etc are all fermented. They happen to be high in GABA.. maybe there is connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Palladium

Baclofen is a drug which will engender chemical dependence, usually within a month of regular use, although it isn’t habit-forming and addiction never occurs. Indeed, it delimits and then deconstructs an addiction by altering its chemical constitution at the neurotransmitter level in the mesolimbic pathways. Tolerance doesn’t develop (even after many years’ use) and the dosage is almost always capped at the level at which the drug achieves full symptom suppression (popularly known as ‘the switch’), before being reduced to a lower maintenance dose, or being discontinued altogether. It is not a substitute for alcohol: it is a counterblast to alcoholism.
            So well said...

Comment

Can't say it any better GABA on it's own is useless, it doesnt matter what you ingest it with. baclofen really is a wonder drug. I found this really helpful in understanding how it works cEz2VWJ.jpg
              01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

Thanks for the info Palladium. I read about picamilon and I was quite interested but I really don't want to depend on anything else ever. I took the Pharma Gaba for 2 days and regardless of the views here I felt a difference. Only side effect was a major loss of appetite... iam on day 4 AF today and iam doing what worked for me before I relapsed...I take smoothies with oatmeal...yes oatmeal can be added to any smoothie and wheat germ for breakfast. I have increased my protein in take...lots of egg whites and fish. I try to eat a large romaine salad everyday for lunch...I haven't had any cravings..I also exercise every day pretty much. I also drink lots of decaf green tea...and almonds. These strategy is working so far, I may not need to go the drug route after all.
                Last edited by lizker; June 2, 2015, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X