Baclofen Price Increase UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen Price Increase UK

Just to say I went to Chemist today with my private prescription for Baclofen and the price has trebled!!

Don't often come to My way out now but I thought I would post this as I was pretty shocked.

Hi Palladium, thanks for the info, could you please post the link for professor chick's website? Thanks, D

Comment

Hi Palladium

It's always been private prescriptions from Dr Chick that I've handed into Chemist. He can write to my GP but I didn't want that. He subscribes 504 10mg tablets and the price is usually around £20 - (Boots the Chemist) - £58 this time round. The Chemist phoned around another couple of Chemists in the area and one of them wanted around the £80 mark. He was also surprised by the price increase as he is the one that usually serves me.

I think I'll ask Dr Chick to refer me to GP and go NHS.
      Last edited by Emily Mac; June 30, 2015, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Hi Palladium

Definitely wasn't Lioresal that was prescribed - the Chemist, who was also baffled, advised that it wasn't a brand. Due to the price I just took the private prescription back with the intention of switching over to the NHS after talking to Dr Chick (which I never wanted to do, NHS that is) i haven't actually been on any baclofen for a few weeks and, basically this was me going back on it - I was on 60mg and went down to 40mg, then went without and felt I could be ok.

My plan is to go back on but at a very low dose, as before (40mg) - it does help - my drinking has increased since stopping bac, although not out of control.

I thing 'they' - the Companies have sussed just how powerful Bac is and are just starting to cash in!

I can remember Dr Chick asking how much the prescription cost (original prescription 300 10mg and around £12-£15) and being really happy at how cheap it was.

Comment

sure it's something I am interested in.

Comment

Working...
          X