Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else feel too dizzy to work on Bac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone else feel too dizzy to work on Bac?

Hello All,

A couple years ago I ordered Bac from online and I was full of hope but when taking it I just felt dizzy and dumb...too foggy to make sence at work. I gave up pretty fast....now I am back. I am reading, again, all the articles and people success stories and it makes me want to try again. Any ideas as to why I felt dizzy or is that normal? I have to be able to think and function clearly for my job but I have to stop drinking because I want to live.

Side note ~ I just ordered my L-Glut and Kudzu...I am very excited to start them.

Thank you in advance for your ideas:hug:

~t.
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    ~Albert Einstein quote

Not sure that I felt dizzy but I was nauseous for the first couple of weeks.It wasn't so bad that I was ever sick from it,it was more of a not quite right almost sick feeling.It disappeared a week or two after I started on bac though.The SE's experienced are different for everybody from what I gather.If drinking is a big problem for you as I am assuming it is,having another try at bac may be the lesser of the two evils though.

Comment

dizzyness, sleepyness during the day, insomnia at night... the list goes on. tritating up to your "switch" dose was a very uncomfortable time for me which went on for roughly 3 months. I ended up reaching 300mg. When I was steady on my dose for 2-3 months the side effects almost went away completely. What I notice now is that I get double vision easily when im tired, this is a known side effect as baclofen is a muscle relaxer. Have a read of the prescribing guide, its the best resource I've read on baclofen

http://www.scribd.com/doc/105506724/...-Final-Version
      01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

My experience was very similar to Neo's. Strangely enough, most all of my side effects went away after three months as well. I ended up at 225 mg when I finally realized that I could somewhat choose to drink or not to drink. The insomnia and day time drowsiness were my two most challenging side effects. The third worst at the time was related to sexual functioning (or more like "the lack thereof"). At the initiation of beginning my Baclofen treatment, I was able to at least take 30+ days off from work, etc. and would not have been able to work effectively (or at all) when I began my regime. However, I did titrate up very quickly (under a medical doctor's supervision) and so my SEs early on were very intense. But then I was free after about 100 days.

Comment

I didn't have the dizziness unless I was outside in the heat. I did, and over 2.5 years later, do still have low level nausea. I was really talkative at certain times as I titrated up. Hang in there.

Comment

Yes, it floored me quite literally, with or without booze.
            I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
            X