Middle aged white people are killing themselves...NYT article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middle aged white people are killing themselves...NYT article

New York Times article says that death rates among middle aged white people is rising...

"Unlike every other age group, unlike every other racial and ethnic group, unlike their counterparts in other rich countries, death rates in this group have been rising, not falling."

The reason?

"they concluded that rising annual death rates among this group are being driven not by the big killers like heart disease and diabetes but by an epidemic of suicides and afflictions stemming from substance abuse: alcoholic liver disease and overdoses of heroin and prescription opioids."

Keep up the good fight, people. Let's stop this plague.

Cheerful news.
    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritfree
      Posted by SF on 11/04/2015
      NE -this is exactly what I am talking about. All of us, as a combined group bringing forth information that can be helpful to all of us current members and potential new members. Whether it relates to new medications, new science, or otherwise. This post that I made was totally ignored because Otter began a tirade relative to other information.

If we all want to help each other and others, then we have the real capacity to do so.

So, when Olivier Ameisen writes a book explaining why baclofen IS that elusive drug, recovers from alcoholism, thousands of other follow in his path, the drug takes over this forum, we share stories of its success, you recover using it, your response is to NOT read Ameisen's book, not understand what he has discovered, not investigate how it works, post about all the drugs which he explains in clear terms don't work, accuse people of criminal conspiracy, pry into people's private lives by deceiving them that you are well intentioned.

You have no place here with your attitude. It is not a good place when you are here doing what you do.
      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

SF, all of these people could benefit from baclofen. You can't understand the problem so you can't offer any solutions. Not one of the drugs you have mentioned has any scientifically validated benefit for the people in that article who have taken their lives. Not one. Baclofen is a hope for people in that state of mind and with that degree of illness. It helped you, it can help others. You told me you specifically insisted that ARC in Atlanta give you baclofen over any of the drugs they had on offer.

Why would you not want these people who are killing themselves to know about a life saving medication? Why would you want to bury the message which has spontaneously emerged from the successful use of baclofen on this forum and elsewhere by heaping abuse on people here, denying the efficacy of the drug and diverting people to other less effective medication, and dangerous ones at that?

You come across as a narcissist who wants some kind of fame from being the "research" guy here but you ain't no PhD, man, and you are going to have to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself what the H you think you are playing at here because there are more of us than there are of you and this isn't going to go away.
        BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

Hmmm. I think that might be crossing the line Otter. Not trying to protect the troll, and gods know he has earned everything he gets here (and more that he doesn't) but if that's his real company...

Hmmm. What do you think? I wouldn't want someone to post where I work. Ever. Ya know?

Comment

Yeah, I agree.

No human being should ever be put in that position. But he isn't human. lol

So, here's what happened.

I am on an internet forum where I don't want my personal life exposed. Why? Because people come to these forums, find out about you and then use information they get to deceive you and take money from you.

Here's why it is fair in this case to expose Carl. He did that to me, on the basis that I had helped get him baclofen. He praised me to the hilt etc etc. We became best buds...

Then he goes to Amsterdam on a business trip with his dad and he contacts me from there and sends me a contract he has been asked to sign on behalf of that company for rights to market that product into Europe. I am a European lawyer, so he asks for legal advice on it. He then asks for legal advice on European patent law. I spent a lot of time helping my "best buddy" by advising him on this business deal and researching into European patent law. He has his own lawyers in the US. He would have paid them several thousand dollars for that advice. I gave it to him for nothing and he didn't even offer to pay. He just expected it of me for some reason. Maybe it was the idea he planted in my head that I might be his European agent for this product. I don't know where I got that idea but I remember going into my bank manager's office and telling him I might have this opportunity...

Then he dropped me like a stone, told me baclofen was nothing special, Ameisen was wrong if he thought it was any kind of "cure", that the real "cure" was still out there. I told him not to post obsessively but he continued to do so. My wife went berserk when she realized she had been outed as an alcoholic by some nutcase and had allowed him to see her on Skype. That damaged her health, and mine and affected our family. So did my depression at having been conned. I stayed away from here, became withdrawn and depressed. I tried to concentrate on a legal paper because I was being ousted from the only place I could come to talk to people who shared my experience with alcoholism and recovery through baclofen. The name of the game here now was "new medicines" etc. Gabapentin, Ibogaine etc etc. People I knew stopped talking to me. Then some got in touch via pm and personal email and I started to realize what this guy was doing.

He screwed up my head and my personal life.

Anyone who goes onto an anonymous forum and uses it for their own financial gain, contrary to the rules of the forum, has broken the implicit contract he has with the forum owner and the other users and can't rely on any protection for what he has done. He used this forum to get free legal advice from a 30+ year qualified lawyer in three jurisdictions with a business law degree from a leading law faculty. I don't come cheap but he treated me like a ten dollar whore.

So fukim.
              BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

Ok, here's the deal.

As soon as you stop bullshitting on this forum I'll take it down.

Show me your good intentions. Show me that the nice guy I met a year and a half ago who I thought was a real and true friend is one of the good guys and not this twisted, warped fuckup that you have become here.

Baclofen saved your life. Own that.
                BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

I'm going to bed now. I want to see a different person in you when I come back here or it's going to get one hell of a lot worse.

Understand this.

This illness nearly killed me and I am not an alcoholic. I live with this hell every fucking day of my sad sorry life so I am not going away until you either get the hell out of here or you close down whatever mission you are on.
                  BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

Oh my goodness Otter -I just now saw this. Why in the world would you do this for? Why?

I would never ever even consider trying to cause anyone on any forum (or otherwise) personal injury or harm -or otherwise.

I just simply can not believe that you have done this to me and my family and my company, and my employees -regardless of all or anything. You are now jeopardizing the well being of other many well intention ed, good heart people who are trying to make a living. Please do not cause harm to them just because of your dislike for me.

I am so paralyzed at this moment that I can not say anything else. This was as wrong as it ever gets. I am truly deeply saddened -beyond measure, for my self, family, company, and all others who visit and/or belong to this site.

Please, please remove this link/post.
                    Respectfully,
                    --sf--

--sf--

SF, it's ok. Like you said to the rest of us. We just need to not let ourselves be upset by disturbing thoughts. You need to not let this disturb you and you need to think that anyone who does feel disturbed by it is just over reacting.

It's just words on an internet forum. They can't hurt anyone so what is the problem?

Still, like I said, I'll take anything on this forum down, any time you like.

It's within your power to make that happen.
                    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

Oh my goodness Otter -I just now saw this. Why in the world would you do this for? Why?

I would never ever even consider trying to cause anyone on any forum (or otherwise) personal injury or harm -or otherwise.

I just simply can not believe that you have done this to me and my family and my company, and my employees -regardless of all or anything. You are now jeopardizing the well being of other many well intention ed, good heart people who are trying to make a living. Please do not cause harm to them just because of your dislike for me.

I am so paralyzed at this moment that I can not say anything else. This was as wrong as it ever gets. I am truly deeply saddened -beyond measure, for my self, family, company, and all others who visit and/or belong to this site.

Respectfully,

--sf--

--sf--

You see, SF, I have demonstrated the difference between a real person who actually does empathize, ie., me, and someone who is unable to compromise, is dogmatic and unfeeling, ie., you.

I've taken down the video link.

Why don't you do something to show you have some kind of feeling for other human beings, many of whom are suffering.

Also, I do have concerns for people who you have dragged into your mess of a life, like your family, your parents and your staff.
                      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

See how words can make someone feel bad, or good?
                        BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

Maybe you felt like having a drink. This forum has that effect on people.

QED
                          BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

Respectfully,
                            --sf--

--sf--
                            Oh Dear, dear dear dear...

SF you are such a silly boy...

Regards (and I really, really mean it)

Bacman
                            I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
                            Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Ne/Neva Eva View Post
                              New York Times article says that death rates among middle aged white people is rising...

"Unlike every other age group, unlike every other racial and ethnic group, unlike their counterparts in other rich countries, death rates in this group have been rising, not falling."

The reason?

"they concluded that rising annual death rates among this group are being driven not by the big killers like heart disease and diabetes but by an epidemic of suicides and afflictions stemming from substance abuse: alcoholic liver disease and overdoses of heroin and prescription opioids."

Keep up the good fight, people. Let's stop this plague.
                              I couldn't let this one slide by.

Firstly if you actually READ the article you will see that the death rate amongst middle aged BLACKS in the USA is 50% (yes FIFTY PERCENT!) higher than this new 'shocking' level for whites.

The article actually goes to show what a disgustingly RACIST country the USA is.

'Death rate rising amongst middle aged whites' ?????

SO FUCKING WHAT?!?!?!?

When it starts FALLING for BLACKS.....now THAT would be news.

Secondly the assumption that this forum is populated by middle aged whites who would feel some race related kindred spirit to 'stop this plague' frankly sickens.

I AM middle aged but my skin is NOT white but one thing I am extremely grateful for is that I am NOT an American.

The fact that such an article would be written in such a way and published in a leading New York newspaper shows why your country is in the mess it is....you perceive every non white race and country as slightly less worthy of life than your 'white middle class'.

No wonder the rest of the world hates the USA !

Comment

Working...
                              X