Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cassander, or whomever, still can't find that info I was looking for.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cassander, or whomever, still can't find that info I was looking for.

From the thread you directed me to, (https://www.mywayout.org/community/me...marketing.html) you wrote this:

? More than 50% of American adults (over 100,000,000 people) have a close family member who is an alcoholic.

? In 2006 (apparently the latest date for which figures are available), the estimated annual cost of alcohol abuse in the U.S. was $223.5 billion.

? One study has estimated that alcohol use disorders annually cost $56.7 billion more than the estimated annual economic cost of illegal drug use and $36.5 billion more than the estimated annual economic cost of smoking.

? In 1992 (over 20 years ago), the estimated productivity loss for employees with past or current alcoholism was $66.7 billion.

? The total cost attributable to underage drinking, including costs of traffic crashes, violent crime, injuries, and treatment, is over $52 billion per year.

I can't find that information. Do you remember if it was a journal article? I have searched the CDC and NIH and NIAAA so I don't think it's any of those places.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Ne
Working...
X