Opinions wanted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions wanted...

I need a name for the new forum and I'm very conflicted.

It feels like there are only 3 people around here at any one time, but I'm going to throw this out there to MWO as a whole and see if anyone has any opinions...

MedsForAl.com

MedsforAlcoholism.com

BacforAlcoholism.com

Or any of those combinations but with addiction instead of alcoholism.

Anyone have an opinion about which is the best/most clear/most compelling?

Originally posted by Ne/Neva Eva View Post
    I need a name for the new forum and I'm very conflicted.

It feels like there are only 3 people around here at any one time, but I'm going to throw this out there to MWO as a whole and see if anyone has any opinions...

MedsForAl.com

MedsforAlcoholism.com

BacforAlcoholism.com

Or any of those combinations but with addiction instead of alcoholism.

Anyone have an opinion about which is the best/most clear/most compelling?

Not that my opinion counts nor will I be a member, if MedsForAL.com is available that would be my choice (or Meds4Al.com). You really will do well with this Ne. Please try to remember that even if it does not immediately boom, it has a real chance of being highly successful down the road if you stick with it. You are so hard headed, there is not a chance in the world that it will not succeed -imo. :thumbsup:

--sf--

Comment

I would go with medsforaddiction.com

I think that putting the word alcoholism on the end will make it a little boxed in.

Comment

It's a tough call. I'm still debating. I like the fact that the French website is completely devoted to baclofen, but I also don't want to limit us. I know there is a lot more out there, and every bit of information may help someone. The point is (I think?) to get the info to as many people as possible.

In other words, despite what people may think based on the past, I don't think it should just be about baclofen. There ARE other drugs, and they help people. Plus, I don't doubt that there are new ones in the pipeline that will be available in the next couple/several years.

And as I wrote on the Gofundme page, the new forum is to be "devoted to the simple idea that medications, particularly baclofen, should be primary treatments for addictions".

Thanks for the input.

Comment

How about myspiritfreezone.com?

Or is that already taken.

Comment

Originally posted by lex View Post
            How about myspiritfreezone.com?

Or is that already taken.
            Or, how about lex is being a complete ass .com for no apparent reason? Just damn Lex -what is up with you and your comment? Why in the world would you make such a comment is beyond me.

Lex -you are in with the 'group' now. It serves no purpose to belittle me unless this is a form of initiation.

Comment

Lex -I truly do not understand why you chose to attack. I offered two legitimate names and your only reply was to belittle me. You offered NOTHING in the way of a site name. Incredible.

(Yes Lex, now I better understand who you are -thank goodness)

Comment

NE and others: I realize that most everyone of you have genuine dislikes or worse towards me and I am truly sorry that this is the case -but so motebe. I do want to share with any of you who care to read; my middle son's girlfriend just overdosed and died Tuesday night. My son ended their relationship two months ago but she did not. Now, Anna is dead -drug overdose.

My son is torn all to damn pieces with guilt -as both my wife and I are. All said and done, I still do not give one flying piece of horse shit what you think about me or what I say, but I do care about how you might be able to best help prevent the next young person from killing him or herself.

Comment

Ne - Sorry for the late response. I like medsforaddiction.com to encompass the fact that bac can treat more than just alcoholism, but at the same time, other medications being discussed are only used for alcoholism. And most, if not all, of the bac discussions will be about alcoholism anyway, so MedsforAlcoholism.com might make more sense. But who knows? It might be nice to draw in a wider crowd. I guess I’m torn too. Sorry for the nonopinion!

Comment

Liking medsforaddiction.com as well.

Comment

When I was looking for others using baclofen I googled baclofen and alcohol so I'd probably be more attracted to medsforalcoholism.com but I do like how baclofen can treat other addictions. If you choose medsforaddiction.com you could set up sections for other addictions.

On another note, sf, I'm sorry for everyone's pain.

Comment

medsforaddiction gets my vote as well. Or medicationforaddiction - I'm not sure how well know the abbreviation meds is?

Comment

Thanks so much everyone!

Medsforaddictions it is. Some day, in a perfect world, there will be money lying around so that I can spend it on something called Search Engine Optimization. I'm not sure what that does, exactly, (ha!) but from what I understand it's important and gets the forum more attention. I'd be able to include key words, and that would (of course) include alchohol(ism) and other things.

The French forum has a bunch of info about baclofen being used to treat other things, including bulimia. I'd read about that before, long ago, but had forgotten. Very interesting. I can't wait until I have time to delve into that forum some more.

Spirit, all other things aside, I am very, very sorry for your loss.

Comment

Information on Search Engine Optimisation

https://uk.godaddy.com/search-engine/search-engine-optimization

In the great scheme of things it does not look that expensive

Regards

Bacman
                            I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
                            Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Baclofenman View Post
                              Information on Search Engine Optimisation

https://uk.godaddy.com/search-engine/search-engine-optimization

In the great scheme of things it does not look that expensive

Regards

Bacman
                              Huh. That does actually seem affordable. Of course, we still haven't raised all the money for the website yet, so affordable doesn't necessarily mean doable!

Hullloooo out there, if you haven't donated and you feel so inclined, here's the link:

It'll be open for another 27 days, but you don't have to wait!

Thanks in advance, and SUPER DUPER THANK YOU to those that have done the heavy lifting and donated oodles already. :hug:

Comment

Working...
                              X