Naltrexone information and support groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naltrexone information and support groups

Can someone direct me to the online support and information forum(s) for naltrexone?

I'm creating a Facebook page that will be tied into everything else, and I'd like to include this information. I also want to reach out to people who are using medications other than baclofen.

If you don't want to post it here, or if it's a private group, but you would still like it listed elsewhere so that people can find information about it, you can PM me or email me at NeRiley1 at gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

C 3 Europe

Comment

Holy wow. That is a very cool website and exactly what I was looking for. Thank you, Nic.

It's also pretty much what my goal is for the new Medications Forum (and eventually website).

Comment

Originally posted by Ne/Neva Eva View Post
        Holy wow. That is a very cool website and exactly what I was looking for. Thank you, Nic.

It's also pretty much what my goal is for the new Medications Forum (and eventually website).
        It is a very slick site, I must agree but the

On every page would irritate the hell out of me - I hope it goes away once you register

Regards

Bacman
        I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
        Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Yeah. It's so nice to be able to picture the goal because someone else has already done it. They have a directory of physicians, for goodness sake!

They also have a non-profit, a Board of Directors, and have raised a whole LOT of money. I'm sure it helps that one of the board members is an actor, and that there's been a movie (among other things)...

But that doesn't dampen my spirits. They've shown us the path.

Comment

There's also cthreefoundation dot org that looks like its geared more to the US. There's a link from there to the Europe site.
            http://baclofentreatment.com/
            http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
            http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

There is of course thesinclairmethod.net it's a basic site, some people like it simple!
              I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

bump
                TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

There's a book called, Psychoneurlasticity protocols for addiction.....get it as a E-book thru Amazon . Author is Dr. Lawless

Also a method called THE SINCLAIR METHOD. cthreeEurope.com

I believe this is the first comprehensive book about government-approved medications that have been shown in scientific research to help alcoholics reduce drinking, manage cravings and lengthen abstinence (if that's the goal they choose). The book is called 'A Prescription for Alcoholics - Medications for Alcoholism' and is available around the world on Amazon by searching for the full title.
                  the book is only available in kindle (but you don't need a kindle device to read it - the kindle app is free for smart phones and computer .
                  The book provides highlights of 300+ scientific studies on nearly 14 major medications and dozens of other medications shown in research to help alcoholics. It provides extensive detail on naltrexone, nalmefene, baclofen, acamprosate, gabapentin, topiramate, and many others. There is a lot of other information in the book too, such as how to start your medication journey, and the development of alcoholism in the brain (from a scientific research perspective).
                  I hope this information helps anyone who is either considering taking medication for alcoholism, or has already begun and would like additional information to support many of you on your journey.
                  "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

Wow, thank you, everyone. I really, really appreciate all the kind words.

I am Joanna and I operate the C3 Europe site.

If there is ever any information I can provide that might help with regards to The Sinclair Method, please let me know.

Just to clarify about that 'Support Offline' message, that is a way that people are able to immediately chat with me/ask questions by text when i am online. It is a really good way of people who might need quick information.

The downside is that it is only online when I am able to take questions - and due to a lot of time constraints as C3 Europe helps more and more people on a one-to-one basis, I am no longer online and available to answer questions as often as I like. This is a good thing because it means more people are needing me because they are using The Sinclair Method, but it is a bad thing simply because of certain days someone may look at various times of the day and it gives the impression that I am never online :-(

Any new sources of Medically Assisted Treatment are so welcome for those wishing to go down this route to recovery, and I wish those well who are looking to set up new sources of reliable information.

Joanna.
                    C3 Europe.

Comment

Hi Joanna,I've posted on patient.info before
                      There's also another site you might want to post this on and it's called the end of my addiction.If discusses TSM but it's mostly about Baclofen

Comment

Thanks, N!

I will take a look.

Comment

Joanna at C3Europe has an amazing website that is full of information, including doctors that provide naltrexone as a treatment, using The Sinclair Method.

In addition to that, she has gotten a certification as a counselor for alcohol use disorders so that she can help people 'officially'.

I just found out that she has done this on her own, with indirect support from the CThreeEurope foundation. The forum and the counseling are her 'babies' and she's done an amazing job.

(Hi, Joanna! )

Comment

Working...
                          X