Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax

Where to find and how to start?

I would love your input. I took Topamax years ago and found it effective but then quit because I was worried about it coming from overseas and what may be in it. I think I need to give it a try again and am having a difficult time finding dosage amounts and providers. I seem to remember there was an overseas pharmacy. I'm so disappointed that MWO has changed and there isn't a store anymore (though I know that Topamax wasn't offered. I did buy the Kudzu, though, and wish I still could.)
    Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by mtess View Post
    Where to find and how to start?

I would love your input. I took Topamax years ago and found it effective but then quit because I was worried about it coming from overseas and what may be in it. I think I need to give it a try again and am having a difficult time finding dosage amounts and providers. I seem to remember there was an overseas pharmacy. I'm so disappointed that MWO has changed and there isn't a store anymore (though I know that Topamax wasn't offered. I did buy the Kudzu, though, and wish I still could.)
    Any help appreciated.
    Hi mtess -I have no information relative to Topamax but hopefully someone will soon followup who does.

Comment

Hi mtess, Roberta Jewell wrote the book My Way Out using Topomax. Since then meds are being used such as Naltrexone and Baclofen. Good Luck. One of the members here started a new website dealing with medications. EndofMyAddiction.org
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

mtess-

Until fairly recently, River Pharmacy (Canada - RiverPharmacy.ca) was a main sponsor of MWO - they still carry Topiramate, as does Goldpharma (Germany - Goldpharma.com). I have no experience with River, but I can say that the (German manufactured) Baclofen I ordered from Goldpharma was first rate. Hope that helps.

-tk
        TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Here's a list of online pharmacies from the other forum that will hopefully help you:

List of Online Pharmacies - Online Pharmacies - The End of my Addiction

I've used River successfully for years.

Also, you may be able to get an addiction doctor in the U.S. to prescribe for you if you want to try that route.

Here's a link to some research info about topiramate (Topamax) and if you have more questions or need more info, feel free to post again.

Topamax (topiramate) - Topamax (topiramate) - The End of my Addiction

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I did order from River and so far, so good. Thanks TerryK, I may try Goldpharma next.

Comment

bump
              TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Originally posted by mtess View Post
                Thank you for the replies. I did order from River and so far, so good. Thanks TerryK, I may try Goldpharma next.
                Hi, mtess! Any news? Did you try Topamax and did it work for you? Have you read the book, My Way Out by Roberta Jewell?

Comment

Hi mtess, hope all is well with you.

You can go to the site:

The End Of My Addiction - Forum discussing Baclofen, Naltrexone and Other Medications for the Treatment of Alcohol Dependence

and get lots more information and friendly enabling advice and support.

Comment

Working...
                  X