Who takes Topa?When?what mm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on Topa and take 25 in the am and 25 at 1pm...now im going up to 75mm...curious if i should add it to the am or Pm dose ..it makes me kinda dopy...which i hope will go away so i am just curious whats working for others!:thanks::l Buck

Hi Buck,
    I take topa and have since the begining of my sobriety. The way I did it is I took the doubled dose in the morning but I spread the doses out futher than you. More like the second dose was around 4 or 5 in the evening. Then when it was time to take the second doubled dose I did that one in the evening too. So like 50mg in the morning and 50mg in the early evening. See what I mean?
    Now I was very tired the first few months until I got used to the whole topa thing and the side effects settled down - which was later.

Hope this helps. My personal opinion is that you are takin it all to close together but you have to find what works for you. Right now I take my whole dose about noon. Which is 200mg. So there ya have it.
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Buck add it to the PM dose, that's what the program indicates.

melissa
      If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

I take 100 mg a day. Have been on it for the better part of 1 1/2 yrs(w/the exception of about 3 mo)

I take 50mg AM and 50mg PM

seems to work well for me.
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

My Dr. started me taking it before bed & upon waking with the larger dose at night.

You're supposed to take it a.m. & p.m. and my Dr. even had me taking it at night up to 75mg. But I did 25 in a.m. & 50p.m. He had me doing the night thing so I wouldn't be sleepy during the day. The morning doses never made me tired.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

I take my topa before bed...no real side effects other than the appetite suppression thing, and that comes and goes. (doc told me to take it at bedtime)
            It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
            James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Working...
            X