How fast can I taper off alcohol with Bac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fast can I taper off alcohol with Bac

Hi, I have titrated up to 140mg a day of bac and feel like I am starting to loose my taste for alcohol. I normally drink 15 to 20 plus units a day. I was able to go down to 12 yesterday but didn't really enjoy drinking. I really don't want to have a seizure or screw up what the bac is doing for me. What are your opinions on how fast I can decrease without risking withdrawal symptoms. Any advice is appreciated.

Re: How fast can I taper off alcohol with Bac

I went from 40oz of straight vodka to 0 in about 6 days. Not sure how baclofen helps. I used diazepam. But please let us know!
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I would discuss this with your doc and get your bloodwork checked out for any deficiencies. I have gone straight to cold Turkey but have always had Valium on hand. Just cos I can do it doesn't mean that someone else can and not risk seizures. Play it on safe side

Comment

Yeah I suppose it depends on what type and volume. Typically Gravol and Valium are prescribed. Dimenhydrinate (Gravol in Canada) helps quite a bit so you can stomach food. Ensure or an equivalent can at least give you some nutrients while you do this. This is coming from no food and extreme alcohol to 0 in like 5 days. It is possible but I suggest you sleep alot!!! I also have someone around all the time to keep track of what is going on. Otherwise do it in a detox if you have no experience with it. Also like Neo said seriously talk to your doctor first!

My BMI is perfect AST/ALT/Bulip/RBC all spot on... took about a month to get to normal but I'm a lucky person.

Not a doctor, so please consult one!
        "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Its a very serious life threatening thing if you are heavily addicted for a long period of time. Please talk to a doc. I can only talk about my experiences doing it about 6-7 times. Might be more but whatever. Please consult a doc and at least get some valium and motion pills because the nausea sucks really badly and its hard to keep down food. Really depends on how hardcore you were. Doctor. Exactly [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
          X