Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What shape/color were everyone's pills?

Hi All-

I asked this question before in threads but never got a responce.

I'm just curious about what shape(scored or not) & color were everyone's pills? Mine were from Aclepsa & were pink (25mg) in a blister pack (white with topiramate(generic) info on back). I bought them to have as extra in case I couldn't get to my Dr. in time.

I find it odd as people are getting different packaging. You would think that they would be produced & shipped in packaging the same coming from one company.

I even seen that some people have them scored which is weird because the brand name Topamax states in their literature not to break or split them. I suppose it being from a third world country ?

I just tapered off Topamax a month ago & was just wondering because I still have the extras. I know generic is different looking than the brand name but was wondering if everyone else is receiving the same "color" & "shape" from the same company.

Thanks.
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Funny you asked Breez, I just got this purse out the other day and what was in it? Well a little bottle of topamax.My doctor gave samples for use last year (before we realized I couldn't take it.) They are slightly smaller than an asprin with 25 clearly imprited on them, not scored and are produced by Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical.
    Mar

Comment

You can cut topamax in half. They are not time released. They do coat the larger pills though. They just don't want you to buy the 100 mg and split them up, rather than buying LOTS of 25mg pills for more $$. LOL! Gotta love those pharmaceutical companies! I've been splitting up 100mgs for quite a while with no ill effects.
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

The ones I get are white, round, a little less than 1/4" around, with 'TOP' printed on one side and "25" on the other. (Toperiomate)
        Mimi:armsaround:

Comment

Hi Young~

There was a discussion a little back & RJ was catching up on pm's and wrote me:
          "When a pill is not scored it generally means the dose is not evenly distribute within the tablet. If you split an unscored pill you can never be sure of the dosage you're getting...in fact you can end up taking anywhere from half to one and a half the required dose. Not good!"

If it's working for you that's great. You're basically taking the 100mg dose for the day anyway. You've got good splitting skills-LOL.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Mine, which are 50mg, come in a blister pack that says Topirol. They are sort of salmon pink, round, and scored down the middle. They seem to work pretty well.

Comment

Working...
            X