New to Topa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Topa

I started taking the Topa 25 mg in the afternoons about 4 days ago. I noticed the effects immediately, and experienced reduced cravings etc. The 4th day however I got a bad headache. I'm wondering if I should skip a day? Has anyone else had experience with this? I know this is a very small dose, but it's completely new to my system. Any feed back would be appreciated!

New to Topa

I started taking Topa 25 mg in the afternoons three days ago, and experienced dizziness and a headache. I think that these side effects will eventually pass, but would also appreciate any feedback!

Comment

New to Topa

New to Topa

I also started Topa 25mg three days ago and have been experiencing dizziness and headaches. It would be a good idea to consult your physician before skipping a dose. I am hoping that these side effects will eventually go away. Any feedback from anyone else?

Comment

New to Topa

If you read other posts you'll see that most peoples side effects went away or diminished or changed. I don't think skipping a dose will do the trick, you're trying to get your system used to the topa. Hope that helps
        Suz
        Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

New to Topa

Hi
          I intend to start the Topa this weekend so will let you know what i experience. I actually am taking it more for prevention of migraine than to stop the cravings. Originally I wanted it to stop the cravings, but I've kinda done that by myself.Yet reading about Topa I discovered it was being used experimentally to prevent migraines. So now I want to take it for that reason! but I'm so scared my hair will fall out....
          Jane
          Way to go sobermum X
          Jane :heart:

Comment

New to Topa

I, too, started taking topa this weekend. I really haven't had any effects and was doing pretty good on the drinking until last night, blew it with 8 beers. Saturday I increase to 50 mg. I'm kinda thinking I may be a 200 mg. kinda girl...

Comment

New to Topa

I have not had headaches from the Topa. However most of the side effects have been temporary or don't last very long. I'm having difficulty concentrating since week 4. I thought that it was alcohol withdrawal but now I believe it is the Topa. I am at 150 mg now. I ordered the Adrafinil for that yesterday but it will not be here for two weeks. The problem is that I am having difficulty working. Since I am determined to do this I will muddle through it. I believe that getting free of the alcohol is the most important thing I can do for my body right now.

Good luck everyone I truly wish you the best. The Topa really helps most people.
              If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

New to Topa

If you are getting headaches that early on in the topa you are dehydrated....I promise. When you are not fully hydrated on topa you get a hangover like effect...some people worse than others, which is why hangovers tend to be worse when you drink while on topa.
                It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

New to Topa

I agree with Java. Headaches happen a lot when you don't drink enough water. Also need teh water to flush out the kidneys, so Drink Up.
                  What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                  ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

New to Topa

MOVED UP TO 50 MG. TODAY. WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS. AM CONTINUING TO DRINK EVERY DAY BUT AM NOTICING I AM NOT DRINKING ENOUGH TO PASS OUT EVERY NIGHT. GUESS THAT'S A GOOD THING....

Comment

New to Topa

Hi there. I've been posting in a different thread, but should have been in this thread - mostly because I am so doped up! this is day 2.5 for me. I am very optimistic!

Comment

New to Topa

Indeed, I can only confirm what had been said. When you stop alcohol abruptly, it's quite normal that you deal withdrawals of some sorts. The milder ones manifest themselves through headaches.

TOPA dehydrates you. Water is the solution. Drink, drink, drink. In general, we don't drink enough water. So while on Topa, you should make an even extra effort. Because don't forget, kidney stones may be the result if you don't follow that advice ... It can be a side effect of Topa, too, if you don't take in lots of water.

Also, as with the side effects of Topa, hang in there. MOST OF THEM WILL GO AWAY OVER A PERIOD OF A COUPLE OF WEEKS OR ONE MONTH, according to my doctor. It's well worth the wait if you consider the years of drinking you ruined your liver with.
                        Paddy
                        Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Working...
                        X