Welcoming newcomers, and hoping the oldtimers are still here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcoming newcomers, and hoping the oldtimers are still here

That's it. That's all I've got for the moment. It's a bit lonely these days, but it was lonely when I first logged on here, too.

That's the addiction game. Isolation. And regardless of where you are in reaching for the goal of sobriety, or abstinence, or zen, isolation is the enemy. So I'm reaching out and relieved to hear from others.

Re: Welcoming newcomers, and hoping the oldtimers are still here

Hi, Ne. Do you see my green light?? I think I got it on. When I was drinking, I tried to isolate myself from everyone and everything I used to care about. I only overdrank alone so its not like it was a 'fun', social part of my life. Making connections again here (and meeting some people who now know me better than any of my real-life friends b/c I finally was honest and didn't just present the fully fine NS) finally made me strong enough to re-connect with family and friends. And, to open myself up more and not appear to be perfect all the time. What a relief!

I was just thinking about the last time I sat in front of the TV drinking (and then sneaking more when my husband got home) was 10 years ago tonight. I had been lurking on MWO and some other quit drinking sites, knowing I had to take the plunge and join one of them. Who knows why I finally made a random Thursday in January my final day 1. I had tried and failed so many times. I guess I finally wanted to quit more than I wanted to drink. I hope you come to that point soon. There is so much peace on the other side. xx

Comment

Hi, NS. I saw your greenlight when I was lurking earlier today. And your post made me smile. And for a minute there, I thought today could be my day one. A random Tuesday in January. Why not? That's what I'm talking about. Today wasn't that Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ne/Neva Eva View Post
        Today wasn't that Tuesday.
        Then let's go for Thursday, [MENTION=12976]Ne/Neva Eva[/MENTION]!! Overthinking doesn't help so like Nike says, just do it --- and then do whatever it takes to keep that promise to yourself. You're worth it. xx

Comment

Working...
        X