Ozempic (a weight loss drug) Shows Promise in Treating Addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ozempic (a weight loss drug) Shows Promise in Treating Addiction

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
    --

Dragster

"Never laugh at live dragons."
    ― J. R. R. Tolkien

Re: Ozempic (a weight loss drug) Shows Promise in Treating Addiction

Originally posted by DragonbytheSea View Post
    Hi,

Interesting video, although I am not sure the presenter has a clue of what she is bigging up!

Ozempic, has recently been authorised for release in the UK as Wegovy. I believe it had been initially prescribed to type 2 diabetics but since its widescale release "to all", typically in the third would country I live in, we have run out, or more more pointily not been prepared! Furthermore with our GP's in the pocket of the GMC, reputation wise, I doubt any of them other than the private practices will be flexible to offer this to those without type 2.

I further believe Wegovy outperforms the current offering of Saxenda as you only need one jab a week as opposed to one a day.

Either way, these are not miracle drugs in so far as the user still has a responsibility to correct their lifestyle. BUT, it is a very good start!

Regards,

Bacman
    I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
    Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

I've heard here, that due to too many people now using it for weight loss and other off label purposes, it is now in short supply for people that need it for Type 2 Diabetes. That being said, if the other uses do prove effective, then hopefully the supply can be ramped up for those uses as well.

Comment

For whomever is paying attention, Neil DeGrasse Tyson is talking about Ozempic and off-label scripts.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
        Last edited by DragonbytheSea; September 15, 2023, 08:00 PM.
        --

Dragster

― J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

The plot thickens. Insurance companies freaking out over too much Ozempic being prescribed, primarily for weight loss. (Ring of Fire)

--

Dragster

― J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

Doctors who received huge payoffs for prescribing Ozempic for weight loss are facing serious legal trouble. (Ring of Fire)
            --

Dragster

― J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

Working...
            X