Stablon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stablon

I just ordered Stablon, a french antidepressant. It has low side effects, but because the patent has expired there is no money to get FDA approval and market in the states. I went with this drug to treat my depression, because I have had issues with SSRI's, including increased drinking and others. This seems to have fewer side effects and won't damage me if I do binge. I also can't stomach any more wieght gain (pun intended). What I am trying to find out and can't seem to find anywhere is info about taking stablon and topamax together. I only found 1 guy who says he takes wellbutrin, stablon and topamax (low dose) together. Does anyone have any info on this? Docs here won't know, because stablon is only sold in europe. thanks

Stablon

I tried to find out for you but couldn't on any of the sites that give you drug interactions.The only thing I found is not to use it with MAOs.

As both drugs (Topamax and Stablon) are fairly new it's not surprising there is little about the interaction. Sadly, of course, it has to do with how much money the drug companies can make on these drugs-- i.e. if there isn't much to be made, there haven't been many (or any) clinical trials to try to discover contraindications.

FYI, while trying to find information, I checked out patient ratings of Stablon, and the ones I found were not particularly favourable. Most said there was little benefit, although the lack of side effects was a positive. See: www.revolutionhealth.com/drugs-treatments/ratings/stablon-tianeptine
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Stablon

Thanks Beatle...

It is difficult to find interaction info on this drug. I did check out revolution health. Folks at psychobabble seemed to have a more positive response to Stablon, it seems to reduce anxiety. I might write the company. Some people cliam that it reduces alcohol cravings and at least won't cause a problem if I do drink. Survector seemed to work better as an antidepressant but is expensive and difficult to get. It is funny how a drug is taking off the market due to "abuse potential", survector actually improved libido and in a very few instances actually caused some spontaneous orgasims! That's a side effect I can live with. Anyone on Paxil or other ssris has experienced first hand the dependency these drugs can cause and they screw up your sex life, so they're OK to sell? After I start it I'll keep you'll posted! I want to try Topomax, but truthfully I am just plain scared. I have a job that requires strong verbal acuity. I can't function without it.

Comment

Stablon

I'll be very interested to hear the results of your experience with stablon. Never heard of survector. Am big into to finding out about lithium orotate. Can't even get Topo here where i live anyway, and like you, am pretty dependent in my job on being able to express myself concisely. Can't really take any more chances (being drunk, after all, also reduces the communicative skills on which I am so dependent). And, yep, I've tried aolmost every SSRI available and they suck. I can't see straight on them, let alone think straight.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
        X