Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ontario

There is a Rapid Access to Addictions Medicine (RAAM) clinic in the St. Catharines General Hospital. The wait can be up to 2 months, so its not so "rapid". Dr. Kimacovich prescribed me Naltrexone and Mirtazapine in addition to the Campral I had been prescribed by my GP. My GP is in St. Catharines/Thorold and was reluctant to prescribe Campral and Naltrexone concurrently. On my next visit he was but Dr. Kimacovich at RAAM had already filled my needs. My GP you can PM me for details if you're looking for a new one and you are in the region. I'll edit this post to let you know any thing more I learn of their opinions on some other off label treatments like Baclofen, Oxytocin, Gabapentin, Pregabalin, Topirimate. So far in Niagara Region I can assure you its possible to get Campral, Naltrexone and Mirtazapine concurrently.

------

The RAAM (Rapid Access Addictions Medicine) Clinic is a clinic for people looking for help with substance use (alcohol and/or other drugs). This service provides assessments and treatment for substance use problems such as alcohol, opioids, cocaine, benzodiazepines, and cannabis. Medications may be prescribed for substance use, withdrawal, and craving. Referrals for counselling will be offered. Treatment or referrals for any co-occurring psychiatric problem will be provided as necessary.

For opioid use disorders, opioid agonist treatment with methadone and buprenorphine are available. Patients with chronic pain on opioids can be referred and assessed for presence of a possible opioid use disorder. However if these patients do not have an opioid use disorder they will not be seen on an ongoing basis and opioid prescriptions will not be provided.

Please have your family doctor complete a RAAM referral form and fax to 289 398 1067. For self-referrals please call 905 378 4647 ext 49463

Re: Ontario

The Addiction Medicine Clinic of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto is reported to prescribe baclofen.

Comment

Working...
    X