Evielou needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evielou needs help

evielou;325342 wrote: I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED WITHDRAWL AS I AM RIGHT NOW, TRYING TO GET OVER MY LAST BINGE. I FORCE MY SELF TO STOP AND GO TO BED PERFECTLY SOBER, THEN WAKE UP AT 3 OR 4 AM IN SHEAR PANIC. SWEATING, SHAKING, FOAMING AT THE MOUTH (LIKE A RABBIT DOG) THEN COME THE CONVULSIONS. MY HEART FEELS LIKE IT WILL STOP BEATING AT ANY MOMENT. THE ONLY RELIEF IS BEER, AFTER 3 OR 4 I BECOME SOMEWHAT FUNGTIONAL, THEN SET MY GOAL FOR COMPLETE SOBRIETY FOR THE NEXT DAY. I AM A BINGE DRINKER AND HAVE HAD MANY MONTHS EVEN MANY YEARS SOBER. THIS TIME MY MIND, BODY, SPIRIT FEELS SO WEAK AND I CAN'T STOP. ALWASYS IN THE PAST IT HAS ONLY TAKEN ME ONE OR TWO DAYS SOBER AND THE CRAVING STOP SO I CAN GET ON WITH MY LIFE. THIS TIME I AM LOST. PLEASE HELP. I AM FOLLOWING MY WAY OUT PROGRAM AND HAVE ALL THE MEDS. AT FIRST I THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE THE ANSWER BUT THE SICKER I GET THE SICKER I GET.
    Evie posted this over in general discussion. I thought she might get more attention here!
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Evielou needs help

Evilou, Go to a doctor. I think most of us here have had the sweats, panic, shakes in the middle of the night. The convulsions part really is a serious issue. You really need to seek medical assitance at this point. Please, for your own safety. Keeep us informed. When you go to the doctor take everything you are taking, supplements etc. so that the MD can advise appropriately. Some of the dopamine products are contraindicative to what he may prescribe. They will need to know what is in your system because 48 hours is what is needed to clear if you are to take an anti-anxiety or related drug.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Evielou needs help

I am posting the same response here as in general discussions:

Evie,

I agree with all of the above. This is a serious medical condition that can result in death. One other solution is this: Is there someone that you are close, who would protect your confientiality who lives in another city. Perhaps you could go stay with that person and get medical attention there. I understand you wanting to protect your reputation and job, but not at the risk of yourlife.

Love and support,

Best
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Evielou needs help

Yes, see a Dr. I agree with all the posts here. We :l you and want to see you reach your goal.

Comment

Evielou needs help

so sorry to hear about your bad news evie. I have slipped this week and feel pretty bad about it and myself. Really thought I had control of it this time. Were all here for you evie. Think going to the doc is a must.
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Evielou needs help

This post is AGES OLD...I will research to find out how old but at least MONTHS...I don't know how it got dug up???I am grateful for your concern but alcohol and drinking are the last thing on my mind.It is wonderful that all you people care so much for me but I can promise you if I do have a slip, YOU ALL WILL BE THE SECOND ONES TO KNOW...I am not even tempted and covered by Antabuse if I were...
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Evielou needs help

Oh Evielou, thank goodness for that!!! I couldnt believe what I was reading!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Evielou needs help

LV you ought to delete this thread... gives people the wrong idea...

Comment

Evielou needs help

No, This is a great thread!!

Look at the post in May and look at Evielou today. Such a difference.

It gives hope. A true example of the difference between in the throes of alcohol and now removed.

God Love you, Evielou. This is a testament to how well you are doing. :l

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Evielou needs help

Thanks so much Cinder,maybe I should leave it for newbies to see how great MWO can work...I hope that it didn't scare anyone..I am fine HONEST..

Comment

Evielou needs help

It shows how quickly people gather to support.
                      :l
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Evielou needs help

I am grateful for all the LOVE...

Comment

Evielou needs help

Good point, Cinders. I thought maybe Evie would find it upsetting or embarrassing! Evie, I'm glad you see it that way! Good for you! And I am so glad that those bad episodes are back in the past, for you.

wip

Comment

Evielou needs help

Hold the phone!!!! Don't know how this happened, but this thread was originally posted on April 1, 2008 LAST SPRING! How did it get re-posted??? And why??? Somehow it has gotten repeated here, along with some of the original responses!!! Evielou is fine, and AF for quite some time. Proud of you, Evie! She got some terrible news about her brother and is very worried. Let's all keep her and her brother in our thoughts and prayers! Love - Best
                            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Evielou needs help

Guess I cross posted here. Whew! Glad that is resolved! Great that we all care so much about our dear one! Take care!

Comment

Working...
                              X