I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help

FloridaBoy;335524 wrote: Will you be replaced with another manager or are they eliminating the position from the
    organization chart?
    I'm not sure yet.There may be a chance I get my position back in the future,but I think I need to be succesful as an agent again first and build up my confidence again.I have been beaten down as a manager and need to rebuild.I think they may be in for a surprise when I am gone.:thanks:

Comment

I need help

savon19;335566 wrote: and EAP SHOULD BE ENTIRELY CONFIDENTIAL.

If I were you, I'd take advantage of that program. You can then tell your boss that you are getting help (he/she doesn't have to know for what reason!).

...That's IF you want to keep your job. If not, get fired for unemployment!!
      I've thought about that,but I've never been fired or collected unemployment.I've talked to my manager and they've agreed to support me with marketing as an agent and if i play hardball and get fired i don't think i'll get that or be eligible for rehire.I'm pretty sure on monday I'm going to submit my resignation as they've said I can stay on through June to make the transition.Thanks for all your concern folks.It means a lot.:thanks:

Comment

I need help

montbob;335667 wrote: I've thought about that,but I've never been fired or collected unemployment.I've talked to my manager and they've agreed to support me with marketing as an agent and if i play hardball and get fired i don't think i'll get that or be eligible for rehire.I'm pretty sure on monday I'm going to submit my resignation as they've said I can stay on through June to make the transition.Thanks for all your concern folks.It means a lot.:thanks:
        I'm proud of you for sticking to your guns and clearing your head with a few AF days to make the best decision possible under the circumstances.

I've always been glad that I have years of experience as a sales person - from waitress/bartender (yep, you make more $$ if you treat it like a sale job!!) to computer training sales to computer sales and now for my own business. If you know how to sell stuff, you can always get a job. Sounds like you were very successful as an agent - nothing wrong with going back to a comfort zone while you re-group these other areas of your life. Who knows...you may decide that you like being a sales person rather than a sales manager anyway. I myself crossed that bridge, and know many others who have. At least you are putting all possible options in front of you (rather than burning bridges) as best you can.

I'm rooting for you - and you better stick around and AF the town with us, OK?

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X