Rehab? Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rehab? Need help!

Hi! I'm new here. Found this site browsing the internet. I really need help. My drinking behavior is so out of control. I embarrass my husband and he's getting tired of my behavior - passing out, falling down, drinking too much. I'm a binge drinker. When I start, I just can't stop until I pass out. I love him so much and want to get and stay sober for him. I was sober for 5 days until yesterday and I drank too much. What do I need to do - rehab - what's it like? Antabuse? I need help. Thank you!:new:

Rehab? Need help!

Hi and welcome - there is a lot of support and info on here to help you. Read everything you can and download RJ's book. You will be surprised how many of us are in exactly the same place -you are not alone my lovely - but it will take time and a lot of hard work.
    Take care
    J

Comment

Rehab? Need help!

Hi Elle,

You've come to the right place to help you out in your struggle; there is a wealth of information here and the support you will find is amazing.
      It's good you want to quit for your husband if it's putting a strain on your marriage; but your first priority is yourself. If you're not happy and healthy, it's even more difficult to make others so.
      Katesm has some really good words of wisdom, as will everyone else who welcome's you. Jump right in and post away; we're all here in the same boat trying to paddle to the same shoreline.

Comment

Rehab? Need help!

Welcome Elle ,I was a binge drinker that lost all control.This site saved my life.I looked in to different rehabs and I think that they are all different.Some are as short as 5 days(mostly for detox)most are about 30days,some have half way houses for after care...etc. etc.Most that I found were AA based.Your local AA group could tell you more about that.If you can get a few days sober then Antabuse would be one way to go.I have never taken it but many have found it to be a wonderful help.Read MWO book and then set yourself up a plan.You will find great support on this site.You can PM me if There is anyway that I can help you.Chat room is a great way to get questions answered.Post in ASAP if you need someone to meet you there.Weekends can be a little slow but most always someone is here that will help....Evie
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Rehab? Need help!

Elle,

You sound like me. I binge. Once I start I can't stop. I love my husband SO MUCH and I have no idea why I countinue to do what I am doing. I hate myself every morning after a night of going over board. I am in the same boat as you, so whatever info you can find out, please share with me. I NEED to change.

Michaela
          :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
          AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Rehab? Need help!

Thank you!

Thank you all for your support. I appreciate it and will need it as I begin this journey to become healthy. I will keep you all updated and share anything that I find helpful.:thanks:

Comment

Rehab? Need help!

I can relate to the binge drinking - I saw no other way to control it but to start taking Antabuse. It is a life saver, and finally I am trusted again because there is NO WAY you can drink and be on that pill. I checked it out once after a couple of months, with some wine, and I was so sick. It gives you control over your life - try it! Please try it!

Comment

Rehab? Need help!

Where do you get the Antabuse? What about the Glute suff?
                :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Rehab? Need help!

I just finished watching "Last of the Summer Wine" program on PBS here in Illinois - beautiful country - I hope that's where you live!

Comment

Rehab? Need help!

A doctor can prescribe the Antabuse for you.

Comment

Rehab? Need help!

katesm;347122 wrote:

But the hard work is yours. And that makes it stunning, because when it comes to the crunch, you can honestly say that it was you who took steps to face a problem full on and deal with it.

Kate - this is a very powerful statement and absolutely right!! :thanks:

mame
                      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Rehab? Need help!

If you go to the home page for this site and click on the various connections, there is information about the program. The "Health Store" sells all the supplements, but you can also get them at health food stores.

Comment

Working...
                        X