Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please!

Just found out my sweet 10 yr old niece has an early diagnosis of childhood Leukemia.

I can't breath, I am going to be sick, I'm going to cry.

Holy shit!
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Help please!

OMG, I am SO sorry, I don't know what to say......((((((HUGS)))))) Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. Children should NOT get sick!! My MIL works for St. Jude they have come a LONG, LONG way in treatments but I know that does not help with the pain you are feeling. I am so sorry.
    Sobriety is like my avatar. It was always right there in front of me but I couldn't see it!

Comment

Help please!

One hell of a hug coming your way.....be strong.............xxx.
      WA..xxxxxx
      Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

Help please!

OH, OH, OH! Oh my! Try to stay steady. Your sibling will need your stregnth. That dear sweet one can sense what is happening around. Remember, thoughts come back to us as reality, so positive, positive, positive. This is another situation that is ODAT! Hugs, support, and anything you need!

Love, Best
        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Help please!

Keeping you in my thoughts.....:l
          sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Help please!

be strong and be there to support your family thur their time in need ..my prayers are with you and yours
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Help please!

Thanks all,

I left work early to get home, to do what I don't know only I did scrounge for a cold beer and thankfully found an AF one. I haven't felt this edgy ever AF not even close. This is a doosie. I have to remember this is not about me and yes, the little ones need me to make things normal.

4tb

Comment

Help please!

4tbz - life seems so unfair when things like this happen to the young children. My thoughts and good vibes are out for your and your family. Please keep us posted on her condition and the treatment plan. Modern medicine really has come a long way.

Drinking won't help this problem, but you already know that. Glad there was an AF beer in the house. Take care of yourself because your family will need you.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Help please!

4, Big hug for you and prayers for your niece. Early Diagnosis is good. Stay strong.

Biscuit

Comment

Help please!

Thanks everyone,

I am disappointed in my knee jerk reaction to bust on loose, but I dug my heels in and if I can't say no now I probably will never be able to. I am determined yet so very sad right now. What a roller coaster.

Must do some errands, errands are good!

Comment

Help please!

I think Biscuit is so right.Early diagnosis is good.Treatment can start right away.I care so much and want to help.I am senting many prayers your way carried by a band of GODs healing Angels....Stay strong..PM me if I can help or if you need to talk....Evie
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Help please!

Stay Strong - Think positive - there is a very good success rate for childhood leukemia.
                        Bless.
                        luv
                        Mary

Comment

Help please!

Oh my Lord, this is a shock, 4TB. I am so sorry over this news. The urge to drink can come on us in a stressful situation no matter how long we're sober. I'm glad you had some AF beer on hand.

I'm sending lots of good vibes your way, both for your strength and also for your niece and her parents.

Leukemia is very treatable these days.

All the best to you and your family..
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Help please!

Hi,
                            My nephew had leukemia. Do you know what kind? AML,MML. I hope I have the abbv correct. It was a nightmare for a few years. I know what you are feeling and wish I could take it away. He ended up haing a bone marrow transplant and 6 years later is engaged and doing wonderfully. I know it's hard now to look any further than right now but if you need to talk please pm me. Drinking right now won't help her I know b/c my drinking never helped him it only dug me in a worse hole.

Comment

Help please!

4tb...so sorry for the sad news...good news is, they are coming up with treatments everyday! Please don't let AL rush in, he thrives on this kind of news. I know you have been struggling as of late. Please, please, go back and read and re-read your posts. You will see this is NOT a time for alcohol.

Hugs and prayers are with you. (Mostly for you, because YOU are in immediate need, your niece will do fine with treatment). Please keep us posted, we love you here, we love a man who can share his feelings, it gives us hope. (((((H)))))
                              Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                              :h

Comment

Working...
                              X