Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to quit now!

Trying to be strong on day 2

Again, thanks to all for the words of encouragement. I believe with the help of our group I can do this. Daisydo hit it right on the head. How amazing considering she doesn't know my recent past. I am BORED!! I was health care administrator who was forced out two years ago. My job was my life. I not only am an alcoholic but I was a workaholic. The transition to stay at home, empty nester has been the hardest thing I've faced. I was diagnosed with bilateral breast cancer two years ago, underwent mastectomies and lots of follow up stuff and still could only think of returning to my "old" job. I consider volunteering but am scared someone will discover my alcohol dependancy. Today is a better day, I feel strong with all your support and although I followed my "regular routine" of a swig or two of Vodka before 8 a.m. I sealed it up and told myself I can do it. :thanks:
    gustajoe

Comment

Need to quit now!

You might want to visit your Dr. to help alleviate any withdrawal. I agree about being bored. Changing up a routine made a world of difference to me. I go to the gym instead of going home after work. I make our dinner then go for a walk with the dog. I look at this sight for a bit and before you know it, it's 10pm. I have a self imposed bedtime of 11pm. I am taking ambien right now during this down time and it really helps me sleep (I know I won't go to bed tossing and turning all night). So by the time I wind down, most of the day is gone and no sense of drinking for an hour (although I have had 1 glass of wine in that hour but more days af then not).
      Supplements and this sight help. Tried the Topa, it really works, but the side effects were to much for me. The good part is that I took it for three weeks and helped me to change my patterns in that time..
      That's all we can do is try..
      AF since 2/4/10
      Nicotine free since 3/31/10
      FINALLY FREE

Comment

Working...
      X