Can't get Doctor Appt till Oct!! Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new:I have my CD's and my Vitamins WANT TO START TODAY and cant get an appt with my doctor till Oct.... I have order Topa online but havn't received it.... It's been 10 days!!! Any suggestions??????

Keep posting, keep talking to everyone here. keep reading, listening to the CDs and taking your vitamins. I need to take my own advice! Please try to stay positive - you can do this!!! It is harder than hell, but the people on this board are a tremendous support. Again, YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Good vibes being sent your way!

K
    "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

48, it took me just over 2 weeks to get the Topa from River Pharmacy... but, by then, I was happy with the way my recovery program was going with the elements I had put into place: lots of reading and posting here; reading the MWO book (helped me put together my own program); supplements; meditation daily; exercise daily.

You don't want to be telling yourself that you cannot succeed with a doctor's appointment, or without medication. The medication is only one part of a multi-modal program... and mostly it depends on your level of resolve and commitment. It's a fight for your life... it takes a lot of work and vigilance... but it is totally worth it...

best wishes, let us know how you are doing,

wip

Comment

I would recommend starting without the topa. Many people here do not take it due to the side effects. You can take extra kudzu. You may not need the topa, especially if you are going AF.

Comment

Hi 48 and welcome,
          I agree with Louise re. topa, it's not easy I know only too well. If you have cravings try eating
          something sweet, take kuzdu and l glutamin. How come you have to wait for such a long time
          to see your doctor ?
          Best wishes Paula.

Comment

Hi 48,

Relax, many of us have done this without Topa or an Rx Drugs. My program is much like WIPs...the Kudzu, L-Glut, GABA and Omega 3,6 and 9 help enourmously with cravings. Meditation and reading help with changing our thinking. Make sure to read the post called "Voddy" written by Katesm.....truly this puts the entire idea of drinking into perspective!

You can do it....just stay strong!

Best Wishes to You!
            Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hi 48 my advice don't build the meds up to much in case they don;t agree with you side effects etc, they made me feel really awful and then I was so disappointed that I just gave up. several time .Follow all the advice read post I found the kudzu was best for me andif you really want to to it you will find a away that works for you, have an open mind give it all a go and good luck xx

Comment

Hi 48

Good advice so far. I agree start the vitamins, Cd's, kudzu and l glutamin straight away. They worked for me and I managed to do 30 days without taking the Topa which is still in the cupboard not used. Different things work for different people so good luck everyone is rooting for you. Stay close to the boards read and post as much as you can.

Goos luck with your quest

Sweetpea xxxxxxxxxx:l
                :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

I know.....it took me two weeks before a Doc could see me ! Ha! IAD.
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi 48Fan,

I got topa from my urgent care - I told them it was for migraines and met w/some resistance (they wanted me to try a different medication first) - but I was insistent that i had heard such good things about topa that they gave it to me. I stopped taking it after awhile but am thinking of trying it again. Anyway, an urgent care could give it to you today if you want to go that route!

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X