Forgiving Oneself????? HOW?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nurse, I was reading Deepack Chopra last night and this stuck with me.....

"Our failures are stepping stones in the mechanics of creation, bringing us ever closer to our goals. In reality, there is NO such thing as failure. What we call failure is just a mechanism through which we can learn to do things right."
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Oh I hate that feeling... I always tell Jesus about it - he understands and makes me feel that much better!
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

It helped me to write down all the things I hated about drinking. Instead of hating myself I hated the results, and used this to change my behavior.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

vlad-

What does Jesus say about being drunk? Just curious...

Comment

Hi, I just joined this forum again, belonged about a year ago. I wish I didn't drink!!! Sometimes I think that it's impossible, that I will always drink, that I can't be cured. I am feeling terrible right now, hung over, ashamed, down. I just got off the phone with my boyfriend, got drunk the other night, said stupid things, just apologized. I am such an idiot. Felt like telling you all that ! sigh. I want to be Alc Free. Today is day 1.

Comment

Roadwarrior...huge congratulations for being brave and posting that. also a huge welcome to MWO!
              you will find the tools you need here. Instant cake mix...just add determination
              hold close the dreadful experience of your last drunk...surprisingly you will really need that memory in this journey.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello Nurse. What to do? You are doing it. Stick around and take the advice of the seasoned pros. I was beating myself up yesterday, as I went out with coworkers and made an ass of myself. You know what? I'm saying F*** it!!! Really, I am. I beat myself up enough, and I'm sick of it. Don't be hard on yourself. Nobody thinks you are a bad person. But we tend to self analyze and really beat ourselves up. Stay on track, and you'll be feeling better in no time.
                where does this go?

Comment

Hi Nurse,
                  I like to take a walk in the early morning and get my heart pumping to help pull me out of depression. It maks me feel good inside. Drinking and depressin are 2 issues, you should make your self feel better to that you can control your drinking. Good luck

Comment

Life has some REALLY tough lessons to teach us...I see Alcoholism and a huge Challenge(disease)to over come(like cancer).You can take it as a learning experience and use it to help others with the same disease.Then it becomes a gift of Healing and makes you even better at being the HEALER that you came here to be....You can be Better at being you and I see no reason that you would need to forgive yourself for that...Evie
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

It is really difficult to feel better for a few days afterwards and like you I always feel depressed after I have been drinking, particularly the few days after I have recovered from a hangover.

Try not to beat yourself up over it, it is always hard to stay on the road 100%, keep counting all the good days you've had, and hopefully they will outnumber the bad days. It is easy to be angry with yourself I know, but do try to stay positive and maybe see this as just a small blip on your journey to recovery?

Stay strong! Take Care x
                      AF since 19th August 2008! :yay::yay::wings::yay:

Comment

Nurse,

Getting throught these next few days of self loathing will be tough but do-able. Take a walk, it always clears one's mind. Talk to a friend you can really talk openly with and share you thoughts out loud. Make a plan to keep ourself from these actions in the future recognizing you may not achieve it today but are actively working it.

Today is a day you can change to be what you want it to be. Thats all you can do....

Erin
                        Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

You know, we have opportunities to forgive ourselves every day. If you are like me, you strive for perfection all the time, even though it isn't required or even needed. We're human beings and we make mistakes. God, for so long I would never try ANYTHING new because I didn't want to be seen as a failure...

But how can we grow, how can we become the people we want to be without trying (and sometimes failing). Yes, sometimes those failures can be pretty big, but if we can learn from them, learn to forgive ourselves for not being perfect then we begin to accept ourselves for who we are.

So, try forgiving yourself for something today, big or small. I can honestly say that with the help of another MWO'er I did do that today, and I truly feel peaceful and calm because of it.
                          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Working...
                          X