Please,say a prayer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please,say a prayer...

I just got a notice from our VCB that they need ROOMS for the people that are expected to be evacuating the keys and south Florida because of IKE ,starting tomorrow.We own an Inn in N.Florida so this has happened before in other years.Both other times I ended up drinking from the stress of having people in a panic state staying here at our Inn.They have been understandably irritable and demanding in the past.I hate the memory of DRINKING out of SELF PITTY.How stupid,I am here in my own home and these people could be lossing theirs.What right do I have to be upset.I am gonna go take Antabuse just as a safe gaurd...Prayers for ALL CONCERNED ARE WELCOME..
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Please,say a prayer...

Prayers sent.

Comment

Please,say a prayer...

Prayers and just lit some sweetgrass.

Comment

Please,say a prayer...

Thanks For your Support...I am feeling better and just made extra Banana Nut Bread...It makes the whole Inn smell GREAT.I hope that they are wrong about IKE and it goes out to SEA but I feel more prepared,if we have to deal with it..

Comment

Please,say a prayer...

Hi Evie
          Irregardless of what the stress is. It smart of you to have learned from the past and adapted a plan to deal with it.Antabuse will certainly give you a top hand in the fight.Life will always place us in stressful situations not sliding back to our old answer is key.
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

Please,say a prayer...

Sorry Evielou,

Just read your thread. Hanna just came through Mass. last night, but was little more than a rain/wind storm. I'm not up to speed on Ike as of today, but sounds like you'll be under stress regardless of what happens. Prayers and strength to you as you help others. You're in a unique position to help, and good for you for being ready to remain sober. Know that when you meet this challenge it will signify a whole new chapter in your life.

Vera-b

Comment

Please,say a prayer...

Evie,
              Stand strong! Come here for support during those stressful times. It will be fine.
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Please,say a prayer...

hi evie, i havent a clue of hurricanes i can only amagine,you have us,my dear,get a grip,you are a strong person,and dont let anyone tell u diff,the gyco is here for you,gyco

Comment

Please,say a prayer...

Poor Cuba...Where do ya go when you live on such a small island???? At least they have a road off of the Keys...We are holding up well here(Inn is FULL of nice people)and it is warm and sunny outside...I hate Hurricane season but love FLORIDA..

Comment

Please,say a prayer...

Evie, hoping for the best. Just read that Ike has passed through Cuba and doesn't look like its going to hit the keys...i've been watching the web cams and its getting pretty windy but there are still quite a few people there.......i hear personal horror stories from those who stayed during Katrina, they were never warned of the extent of that storm......we had Hanna come through Connecticut last Saturday night, it was like He*** driving (out of necessity). I am hoping for all those in the Keys and Cuba that it passes quickly particularly since I leave for Key West this coming Sunday!!!

Comment

Please,say a prayer...

Dear PET,It looks like KEY WEST was spared the worse.Late 1990s when GEORGE went thru,my son was living in KEY WEST,driving PEDDY CAB....GEORGE tore the Keys up pretty bad...Have fun in the CONCH REPUBLIC and try to stay out of Sloppy Joes..

Comment

Please,say a prayer...

Evielou, the worst is over for you, and now just a few more squalls for Key West. I'm happy for those that were spared.

Cuba does a good job taking care of their people, but I'm saying prayers for those just in case and also people in the Bahamas and Hispaniola, and that poor island that got totally whapped by IKE.

Now it's time to see who we have to pray for on the Gulf Coast.:sigh:
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Please,say a prayer...

thankfully Ike doesn't look like it is headed toward New Orleans, but Galveston? I hope it gears more southward, but that's not good either.
                          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Please,say a prayer...

Evie, looks like you might have dodged a bullet. My friends in Baton Rouge are still without power from Gustav. It has been a nightmare, and they are still not out of the woods for Ike. Good luck to you. Day 6 AF for me, yea! Kay

Comment

Please,say a prayer...

Florida was very lucky,this time...IKE doesn't seem done yet????I am still praying for the best for all that are inpacted...KTB..GOOD ON YOU FOR 6days..It wasn't so many months ago that even 6days seemed imposible..The worse it got,the worse it got..NOW THE BETTER IT GETS,THE BETTER IT GETS..It is soo worth the energy to stay sober(much harder for me was to get the first few days)Keep on KEEPING ON...

Comment

Working...
                              X