Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else out there bipolar? Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Skinned.

Are you actually feeling better today? (Sorry joined the conversation a bit late).

Dont's have BP but been diagnosed with depressions several months ago. (and being treated for it.)

I still go through down phases sometimes but they are not as severe. I stopped drinking a week ago and have been feeling generally fantastic but do still go through some slumps (that only last for a couple of hours though.)

Hang in there. It'll get better I'm sure. The most important thing is that you are off the AL and the rest will come I'm sure!!!
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Are you actually feeling better today? (Sorry joined the conversation a bit late).
      Hi Johnny ... I thought I was doing better today, but find I'm still down. I'm just going to keep myself as busy as possible, if I can.

Thank you for caring. :l

SK
      AF since 1/2009

Comment

Super expert here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!! No personal experience, like me. However, my sister has bipolar and pretty bad. She drinks all the time, but then when she is down tends to get sectioned cos she goes kind of mental and wants to stab people. You know the best thing is to stick to your meds. Try so hard not to drink, but you may be self medicating, but drink will make you more depressed, so it is like this vicious circle. Try to take supplements, particularly b vitamins, c vitamin, and a multi vitamin. Take omega 3,6,9 not overdose wise, but moderately. Eat good plain food, exercise and you may feel better. Good book and I do recommend this is Patrick Holfords, Optimum Nutrition for the mind. It is very imformative and broaches the whole spectrum of mental health issues. Good luck and be creative.:l

Comment

Working...
        X