seeking help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeking help!!

Hi. I'm feeling really down today. Went to a family party yesterday afternoon, and of course, couldn't stop. Had my 4 yr old with me, and my cousin and her husband had to drive me home. Totally ridiculous!!! I feel like a total drunk loser. upset:I need to get back on the supps, and just really make an effort :upset: to stop this.
    I don't want this for myself, or my family anymore. :upset:

seeking help!!

Sweet, Big cyber hug for you. Keep up the fight, you can do this. It took me several tries.

Wally, Love you puppy dog

Comment

seeking help!!

sweet,

I am sorry you are feeling so low today.
      The feelings of shame and remorse after drinking and doing something foolish are always SO hard on us. I have always found it frustrating why that doesn't seem to keep me from repeating the pattern.

Drink as much water as you can stand today, rest, be kind to yourself, and make a plan. You CAN do this, sweet!
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

seeking help!!

Hey I've been there.
        Not too long ago I had to have my niece and her husband drive me home from a family birthday party because I was too drunk, and yes I had my 5 year old with me. It is embarrassing isn't it?
        Try not to be ashamed. You obviously want to change; you are here. Think positive thoughts. Believe that you can change. Dwelling on what you've done wrong will do you no good. I know it's hard but try to just let those thoughts pass quickly and think positive thoughts, like how you recognize the need for help, and that a big step.

Comment

seeking help!!

Hi Sweet,
          You made the good decision to get online and come to MWO. Good for you. Yesterday is gone, let's concentration on the present.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

seeking help!!

Stay focussed, Sweet! Maybe print out your post, put it in your purse, when you are tempted - read it again. Make a list of all the nasty stuff you hate about drinking. When you are tempted, again, re-read them both. Get a plan. My Dad always said, "Plan your work and work your plan". Wonderful guy! He was right, for sure.
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

seeking help!!

Supplements

I ordered the starter.. I hope it will work. I have been going to AA.. I like the
              program nothing against the support the members are offering me but they
              make me feel powerless and weak.. I have not reach the bottom and sick like they
              are... I am a moderate drinking and sometimes I drink too much and the alcohol affect
              my emotion and change me. I am doing a lot of research as we speak. I have been on the internet since 9 this morning... I am hoping taht the supplement starter will help me reduce the intake.. Considering myself as a moderate drinking some days I can drink 2 or 3 glasses a wine and stop..I eat well and exercice.. I am hoping the product will help. I would like to read about your success taking the supplement
              sigpic Brand new

Comment

seeking help!!

Becoming AF my goal as well

Eventually I will be AF I am hoping the starter will take me there:new:
                sigpic Brand new

Comment

seeking help!!

Details, glad you are here and wishing you success. Here is the deal, the supplements definitely help. The Kudzu, L-Glutamine and GABA help take the edge off the urges as well as the anxiety. The All in One helps to get our general nutrition back in balance. But, I will not kid you, this is not an instant cure, not is it a quick fix.....sobriety takes work and focus. To get and stay and live as non-drinkers we must stay totally honest with ourselves about our relationship to alcohol.

But...if you work the program sobriety is possible, many here are living life happily as non-drinkers!!

Best Wishes!
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                  X